Per Device Volume settings doesn't seem to do anything on my Pro Plus

Mel_DoNutZ

Had Wiim Pro Plus for about 2 months now, great little device, best £220 I have ever spent :)

New user to forum but been following lots of threads on here since purchase.

I am using RCA Out to Analogue Amp., & using WiFi (for Qobuz) & Optical (from TV > Wiim) inputs, but for the life of me I cannot get the per device volume new feature to work, it just stays at last volume level I set on last input when I switch inputs, like the settings is not even there on the App or in the firmware of the device.

I am on latest iOS Wiim Home app version, & on latest device firmware ending ***6452), when I do 'Check for updates' it states 'You device is up to date'.

Any idea's would be welcome., I have tried the obvious, i.e. reboots & power cycle of Wiim etc, but nothing seems to get the device to remember per input volume. Its not a disaster if I cannot get this feature to work, would just be nice if it did. The device is pretty awesome even if this feature wasn't there, but it would be nice if I could set it for different volumes.

Turn to your first input, play something and set its volume. Switch to another input and do the same play/set volume. If you switch back to the first it hopefully should be at the volume you set, and similarly if you the switch to the second. it seems actually playing something at that volume is the key

Thank you for the suggestion, already tried this, doesn't work., just in case I didn't do it in right order you said above, I have tried again, & it still doesn't remember any source volume even on the order you stated.

Thank you for the suggestion, already tried this, doesn't work., just in case I didn't do it in right order you said above, I have tried again, & it still doesn't remember any source volume even on the order you stated.
If you have the feature enabled under your device settings, it should work as described. Maybe best submitting a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section in the app after going thru those steps again so they can inspect your device log for clues.

Hi Mel,

Have you enabled the per-source volume control in your device setting? Please go to the ‘Device' tab > Tap the device setting gear icon > 'Audio Input' > Scroll down and turn on the 'Per-Source Volume Control' option.

Yeah, did this first day the feature came inside the app. Whether that feature is ON or OFF, it ignores it. I have sent a feedback request as Brantome suggested, via the phone app, just before I noticed your response here btw.

I thought I would come back to this & post regarding the threads issue above, as its not an issue at all with the device., but with me being a numpty :) I was wrongly assuming this would make the device remember the 'Volume Limit' per device inside the 'Audio Settings' page. Not sure why I thought this, as its pretty obvious now I see what its doing. So I can confirm after testing that this feature of 'Per-Source Volume Control' inside the 'Audio Input' menu does in fact work.

I thought it was only fair to come back & report this, as this device doesn't deserve any negativity, especially when its not warranted, this is by far one of the best audio purchases I have ever spent money on.

Back