How does per-source volume control work?

qmaur

Hi,
As others in this forum I have the issue that volume on my hdmi input seems significantly lower than that when listening to music. I have checked all relevant tv settings (e.g. pcm volume level) and there's no more I can do there.

I know there is a new feature, per-source volume control. But I can't seem to find how that is supposed to work. In my specific case, music volume is loud enough at 30%, but I need around 55-60% for hdmi. Will this feature allow me to keep same volume level (say, 40%) on all sources, and adjust gain per-source (meaning that 40% will correspond to different outputs, depending on the source selected) ?

Or, does it just "remember" the volume setting on each source so that, if I switch back and forth, things will not get unpleasantly loud?

This.
For now, at least!
Thanks. I was confused, because if I enable per-source volume control, then use the app to control volume and switch between sources, it doesn't seem like the volume is remembered. E.g. if I select HDMI, then set volume to 50%, then select wifi and set volume to 20%, when I select back HDMI, I see 20%, not the 50% I expected.

Per-source volume control must be explicitly enabled in the WiiM Home App.

Did you do that?

Thanks. I was confused, because if I enable per-source volume control, then use the app to control volume and switch between sources, it doesn't seem like the volume is remembered. E.g. if I select HDMI, then set volume to 50%, then select wifi and set volume to 20%, when I select back HDMI, I see 20%, not the 50% I expected.
It's probably a bit buggy and doesn't seem to reflect the app's display right away.

After switching inputs, adjust the volume while playing audio. Once you have done this for all inputs, switch between them several times to make sure that the volume is remembered.

Also, the team says that they will add a fixed volume for each input in a future update.

Back