WiiM Pro Plus disconnecting

Dazman63

I just purchased this and it worked fine for about an hour or so then it would disconnect from the Spotify app. I went to the WiiM app and it couldn’t find the device saying it was offline.

The only way to correct the issue was to unplug and plug it back in and sometimes I had to set it up again using the app. It has the latest firmware and seems very unstable. I had a Bluesound in the same location and it worked without any issues.

I’m tempted to return it.

1. Open a ticket with WiiM from the WHA. If what's happening has been logged in the app, they should be able to diagnose it and suggest or work on a fix.
2. Make sure the WiiM has a static IP address. If possible, make sure it and your phone are on the same wireless network (same SSID, same frequency). If 5gHz, make sure you're not going through several or concrete walls. If 2.5gHz, use an app to see whether there's congestion/interference on your band from your own and/or neighbors' devices.
3. If you have the ability to put the WiiM on Ethernet at least temporarily for testing purposes, see if Spotify continues to disconnect.

Back