Not Disconnecting From DAC

Witterings

Major Contributor
Seems like we've been here before, there was a problem the Mini's had going back a while that you stop casting / disconnect but it doesn't release the DAC which should auto goe to sleep after 2 minutes but it's remained on showing a feed 24 hrs later

Honestly feels like feel like 1 step forward and 2 back sometimes!

Just clarifying.. you mention mini, but this is in the Pro section of the forum.
If I'm understanding correctly, your problem is that the dac doesn't auto turn off 'cos it's still getting a signal from the wiim (mini?) even though no music is playing?

I have a mini connected to a dac which has an auto off timer. The dac turns off by itself 30 mins (which is what I set it to) after I stop casting to the mini.
My mini settings are sleep 'never'.

Just clarifying.. you mention mini, but this is in the Pro section of the forum.
If I'm understanding correctly, your problem is that the dac doesn't auto turn off 'cos it's still getting a signal from the wiim (mini?) even though no music is playing?

I have a mini connected to a dac which has an auto off timer. The dac turns off by itself 30 mins (which is what I set it to) after I stop casting to the mini.
My mini settings are sleep 'never'.

Sorry ... I dodn't make that very clear, this was a known issue with the Mini's a while back but was now happening with my Pro.

Weird thing is after using it more last night its seems to be disconnecting now, the other weird thing with it the light was way brighter than on my other 2 (just bought a 3rd having had the others for a while) but that's now gone back to the same brightness as the others .... maybe there was something not quite right in the setup and it's settled down.

Sorry ... I dodn't make that very clear, this was a known issue with the Mini's a while back but was now happening with my Pro.

Weird thing is after using it more last night its seems to be disconnecting now, the other weird thing with it the light was way brighter than on my other 2 (just bought a 3rd having had the others for a while) but that's now gone back to the same brightness as the others .... maybe there was something not quite right in the setup and it's settled down.
As you probably know, the WiiM's LEDs glow very brightly immediately after startup. Maybe there was some problem and it kept shining brightly. Many such symptoms resolve with a reboot.

As you probably know, the WiiM's LEDs glow very brightly immediately after startup. Maybe there was some problem and it kept shining brightly. Many such symptoms resolve with a reboot.

Funny thing is it started just after I'd rebooted it.
I've a 3rd on the way too... :) (wiim, not kid)
Was supposed to be here today :unsure:

Have you tried multiroom with your ... I get a small click which is really annoying in between each track ... it doesn't happen when playing to one device o each of the seperate units.

Overall I think they're great and bought the 3rd one to include some outdoor speakers in a group but they do stil have a few glitches.

Going off topic here, but...
Just switched to Spotify (premium) and multiroom doesn't work!
I can group the wiims, but only get music from the one being cast to.

Aren't you using Googlecast?

Spotify Connect is working fine on my Pro and Mini MRM.

tbh, I don't know...
It was someone else who started the spotify session, so maybe it was done 'wrong'.

Try grouping the WiiMs as a multi room music group in the alexa app and then use the Spotify app to cast to that? Does the WiiM group appear in the Spotify app as a different device to the single Wiim? If so and that’s what didn’t work, then it might be a WiiM bug that might merit a support ticket.

My not disconnecting from the DAC has got worse and now reconnects even when you haven't used that particular WiiM.

I re-booted one of them last night and it disconnected, I stopped playing music from another plugged directly into the amp (been using 2 to see if there's any difference in sound with external DAC) and that disconnected as well but they'd both re-connected today without any music being played on either of them.

Is anybody else experiencing anything similar?

Back