Tidal plan changes

At least for me, the Tidal app has the disadvantage of not being able to control the volume using my (Android) phone's volume buttons through tidal Connect. I heard in a different forum that Tidal are set to fix this.
That would not be a fix… it will destroy bit perfect…

That's fine by me - convenience is a significant factor in simply enjoying the music. * for me, anyway!
Could I really tell the difference betwen a digitally attenuated signal and turning down my analog amp? Probably not...

Last edited:
That's fine by me - convenience is a significant factor in simply enjoying the music. * for me, anyway!
Could I really tell the difference betwen a digitally attenuated signal and turning down my analog amp? Probably not...
That's true. I recently got a Nad C3050LE that digitizes even anything analog it receives and does volume and room correction in digital domain. Nevertheless its results are exceptional and definitely convinced me that obsessively keeping signal path untouched, it's just a state of mind or an urban legend and also loses any sense when room acoustic, finally destroyed everything... 😎

I don't mind if "bit perfect" ends in the app, in my digital volume control, in my EQ settings or on the first analog step (wherever this occurs).

I do care about ease of use, though. :)

Their new website states flac but I’m still getting mqa. April 10 supposed to be the new changes.

All MQA 44.1KHz 16bit files will remain. They basically just have a flag that says to use its custom upsample and antialiasing filter, other than that, they are no different from ordinary 44.1KHz 16bit ones.

There will also be a few remaining MQAs carried with the deeper file types. This is generally an editors choice.

Most new releases are generally high resolution only, but some also retain the MQA version, still at the editor's choice.

Be aware this offer starts from your next billing period after the 10th. I logged into Tidal today and didn't see anything different, so I read the offer and it says after your next billing period. So for me, I will get the new offer on the 23rd.

Be aware this offer starts from your next billing period after the 10th. I logged into Tidal today and didn't see anything different, so I read the offer and it says after your next billing period. So for me, I will get the new offer on the 23rd.
How can you see if you can play the hires files? I must look if they already billed me...i while ago i subscribed to a 30 days free trail.
Im going to keep Tidal for a paid subscribtion.

Wonder what happens if you make a change to your account type and then revert. That could trigger the upgrade. If you're champing at the bit.

I started my free HiFi Family trial on March 2nd, so got billed just once so far on April 1st. However, the Tidal app (Android) shows my plan simply as "TIDAL", which is the new name, and I can play play HiRes now.

IMG_20240410_165503.jpg

This is using Tidal Connect. The WiiM Home app (Android version: 2.9.1.240408.f96d2f) won't allow quality better than "High", yet.

IMG_20240410_170658.jpg

Looks like it might really depend on if you've been on HiFi Max before ...

Last edited:
I started my free HiFi Family trial on March 2nd, so got billed just once so far on April 1st. However, the Tidal app (Android) shows my plan simply as "TIDAL", which is the new name, and I can play play HiRes now.

View attachment 6333

This is using Tidal Connect. The WiiM Home app (Android version: 2.9.1.240408.f96d2f) won't allow quality better than "High", yet.
I have a similar experience, and am currently on a free trial of the HIFI plan, but this morning using the Tidal apps on my apple devices, my plan has changed to TIDAL, and I’m now able to access and play the Max Flac files via these apps, and via Tidal Connect to my WiiM devices.

As you say, the WiiM home app has not been updated, and still shows the HIFI plan, and doesn’t have the option to set Max quality.

My Android App was updated last on 08.04.2024 to 2.9.1.2408408
and the iOS app today early morning to 2.9.1.24040110
and both offer "max", but show still HiFi Plus

Where can you see the bitrate using Tidal connect?
I can see the max Files ( could see them before april 10th also) .

But where can you see the bitrate or if you are playing hi res Albums?

Where can you see the bitrate using Tidal connect?
I can see the max Files ( could see them before april 10th also) .

But where can you see the bitrate or if you are playing hi res Albums?
Touch the "high" / "max" indicator on the now playing screen and it changes to show the bit rate.

Touch the "high" / "max" indicator on the now playing screen and it changes to show the bit rate.
Thanks 😊👍.
Yes for what in seeying i can play high res files now😊
Now its time for some listening on the amp😊
Te wimm app shows only high not the max Files..for now.

My Android App was updated last on 08.04.2024 to 2.9.1.2408408
and the iOS app today early morning to 2.9.1.24040110
and both offer "max", but show still HiFi Plus
My Apple apps have also been updated today, and reflect today’s changes, with Max now available, and the Current subscriptions has now changed from HIFI to TIDAL.

IMG_0295.jpeg

The WiiM home app has not changed, and still shows Subscription as HIFI.

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0294.jpeg

There’s currently no way to select Max, so perhaps the WiiM app needs an update to resolve the issue.

Back