Does the Pro Plus have DC protection for its line level output?

Fasolto

I'm considering buying a Pro Plus to use with my NCore power amplifier, and as the amp doesn't have DC protection, I'm curious to know whether the Pro Plus has DC protection for its line level output. Thanks!

Thanks, I have done so and will report back if/when I hear something from the WiiM support team.

Just reporting back to let you know that WiiM Support has replied to my ticket to state that the "Pro Plus does not support DC protection".

Now, the next thing to wonder is whether, given that surely there is at least one person out there in the world with a Hypex NCore amplifier running out of a WiiM Pro Plus, the DC output of the WiiM is low enough so as not to be a concern, assuming there is no DC offset in whatever track is playing.

Just reporting back to let you know that WiiM Support has replied to my ticket to state that the "Pro Plus does not support DC protection".

Now, the next thing to wonder is whether, given that surely there is at least one person out there in the world with a Hypex NCore amplifier running out of a WiiM Pro Plus, the DC output of the WiiM is low enough so as not to be a concern, assuming there is no DC offset in whatever track is playing.
Try asking on one of the NCore amp mfrs forums, e.g., Buckeye, VTV, etc. Although most people might be interposing a conventional preamp rather than direct-connecting.

Back