Turning on Marantz amp with Pro Plus

Dazza

I've got my Pro Plus connected to my Marantz PM7000N via RCA. Is there any way of getting the amp to power on if you start playing music on the Pro Plus? I also use Audirvana on a MAC and if I have the Marantz selected as the output, it will automatically power on if I play something from Audirvana. This doesn't work if I start playing something from the WIIM though.

I've got my Pro Plus connected to my Marantz PM7000N via RCA. Is there any way of getting the amp to power on if you start playing music on the Pro Plus? I also use Audirvana on a MAC and if I have the Marantz selected as the output, it will automatically power on if I play something from Audirvana. This doesn't work if I start playing something from the WIIM though.
You may be able to turn the Marantz on/off by connecting the WiiM trigger-out to the Marantz remote control-in. However, I think you need to ask Marantz support.

You can not turn it on via RCA. However, for any digital input it will work.

Edit: Airplay, Upnp, etc will also turn it on if you start a stream (device has to be in Network stand by)

Last edited:
Reactions: dtc
You can not turn it on via RCA. However, for any digital input it will work.

Edit: Airplay, Upnp, etc will also turn it on if you start a stream (device has to be in Network stand by)
Ah. So a 3.5mm to RCA cable plugged into the trigger socket on the WIIM and the remote in on the Marantz won't do it?

No. The PM7000n does not have a remote control-in. So it will only work as per my previous post.

Right. Just for the sake of interest - why dont you use the digital inputs and hence the Marantz build in DAC? I have the same amp and it sounds fantastic...
I prefer the sound from the WIIM DAC. To my ears it has better vocal and instrument separation and a cleaner sound.

I think it might work to connect 2.5mm (NOT 3.5mm) cable from the Pro Plus to the Marantz. I would ask Marantz support directly.

It will not work. Compatibility is only across Marantz devices as stated above. However, the solution proposed by audiobliss might work.

Ah. So a 3.5mm to RCA cable plugged into the trigger socket on the WIIM and the remote in on the Marantz won't do it?
I remember seeing someone talk about that connection in another thread before. But could not be found.

You can use Alexa Voice Control and Routines to turn on Marantz at the same time WiiM start playing. However, such proposals are almost always rejected.😅

I get it. The Marantz jacks are for IR commands, not a 12V control line. If I correctly understand the functioning of Audiophonics trigger, it is basically a switched outlet. I don't think you can get the Marantz to turn on by simply applying AC Power to it.

I think what is needed here is a device that would take the 12V signal from the WiiM and convert it into and send the ON command via IR or the network to the Marantz.

You are wrong again, the Audiophonics device is triggered by a 12v trigger from any device with 12v trigger output, then a relay lets 110 or 220 volts through from the connected power cord. If that doesn’t turn it on because of the design, is another problem.
No IR needed.

Last edited:
Perhaps I am delusional but thinking that the Marantz will turn on by simply plugging it into AC is pure fantasy.

I get it. The Marantz jacks are for IR commands, not a 12V control line. If I correctly understand the functioning of Audiophonics trigger, it is basically a switched outlet. I don't think you can get the Marantz to turn on by simply applying AC Power to it.

I think what is needed here is a device that would take the 12V signal from the WiiM and convert it into and send the ON command via IR or the network to the Marantz.

Perhaps I am delusional but thinking that the Marantz will turn on by simply plugging it into AC is pure fantasy.
Does you Marantz have a 12V trigger in and out?

Back