Tidal plan changes

But please stay so excited for your amp, even if you can not really hear a difference between hires and CD quality ;-))
But i think can hear a difference..
Or is it the placebo effect 😀
I can hear it..(my opinion.)😀👍

But i think can hear a difference..
Or is it the placebo effect 😀
I can hear it..(my opinion.)😀👍
I don't even care ... for the moment, at least. ;) I first want the WiiM Home App to be fixed. Then I might consider testing, but certainly with my Lyngdorf first and the Wiim second. :D

My Apple apps have also been updated today, and reflect today’s changes, with Max now available, and the Current subscriptions has now changed from HIFI to TIDAL.

View attachment 6338

The WiiM home app has not changed, and still shows Subscription as HIFI.

View attachment 6340

View attachment 6341

There’s currently no way to select Max, so perhaps the WiiM app needs an update to resolve the issue.
Does this also stop you using "max" from the tidal app when streaming to the WiiM?

I have even tried restoring factory settings on one of my WiiM devices to see if this would make a difference, but it didn’t change the Tidal Subscription from HIFI to TIDAL.

My WiiM app still shows Tidal max as before and allows up to 192khz. I will not try to logoff, since I remember something about to loosing features when trying to relog after changes not yet managed. Maybe was for Qobuz or whatever but why risk?

My WiiM app still shows Tidal max as before and allows up to 192khz. I will not try to logoff, since I remember something about to loosing features when trying to relog after changes not yet managed. Maybe was for Qobuz or whatever but why risk?
I logged in and out a few times (for curiosity only) alarmed by the trumpets of Jericho here ;-)
No problems, the WiiM app shows still HiFi Plus and everything works as usual.

edit, better: BUT everything works as usual.

Last edited:
I logged in and out a few times (for curiosity only) alarmed by the trumpets of Jericho here ;-)
No problems, the WiiM app shows still HiFi Plus and everything works as usual.
So can you confirm that your Tidal Account Subscription hasn’t changed from HIFI Plus to TIDAL in the WiiM app.

One thing Tidal have still to improve, is let knowing the exact sample rate of a given song or album, before to start playing it. At the moment, the search results say just "max" an this can be anything over 44.1KHz 16bit. Until playing, no one knows the real sample rate. OK it's an useless thing but it's nice to know also...

OK it's an useless thing but it's nice to know also...
Since you mention it yourself ... ;)

Would it keep you from listening if you knew the exact bitrate in advance? I know my own answer to that question.

And I wonder why they implemented it like this.

Since you mention it yourself ... ;)

Would it keep you from listening if you knew the exact bitrate in advance? I know my own answer to that question.

And I wonder why they implemented it like this.
Quite sure I mentioned it before ;-) but I've heard it from John Darko in exact this context: "To see is to saviour."

Back