Wiim devices not appearing in LMS

hexxx

I have LMS server 8.5.0 running in docker (Linux Debian) with multiple players. Yesterday I installed wiim amp and Pro Plus, but I can't make them to show under LMS material or Orange squeeze. Maybe I am missing a setting. Can anyone post "how-to-guide" please.

thanks in advance

If I remember correctly, these applications cannot operate with the WiiM. Go to the LMS website and see if the WiiM appears as a player.

Mine just appeared in LMS once I set them up in the WiiM app, nothing to do on the LMS side at all.

Couple things from the back of my mind from experience and things I probably read on slimdevices - is your Docker running in host mode, and secondly do you have another LMS instance running that might have taken ownership of the WiiM device players?

Hi host mode is disabled because LMS is running in docker swarm.

Maybe that is the issue. I'll try in another machine as "stand Alone" to see if it works

What about that?

As has been said before, that plugin is over ten years old and unsupported and probably best avoided. The issue here seems to be the other way around - the WiiM devices aren’t appearing as players to the LMS instance.

Hm, when I have activated the upnp/DLNA media interface plugin, I see the WiiM Pro (lms-community-docker-image on Synology):

lms-docker.png

Without the plugin, the WiiM remains invisible.

I having LMS installed via piCoreplayer (not docker) and face the same issue.
Wiim Pro plus doesn’t show up in LMS. Another instance of squeeze player on Moode audio appears on LMS after I put the -s IP address of the server.
For Wiim no such option and no luck. Any support would be much appreciated.

I having LMS installed via piCoreplayer (not docker) and face the same issue.
Wiim Pro plus doesn’t show up in LMS. Another instance of squeeze player on Moode audio appears on LMS after I put the -s IP address of the server.
For Wiim no such option and no luck. Any support would be much appreciated.
If you haven’t already, then please submit a ticket via the feedback section in the WiiM home app

If you haven’t already, then please submit a ticket via the feedback section in the WiiM home app
Thanks for your advice. I did send the feedback twice but the support team came back with the comment that it was due to my LMS settings when they saw the failure of connection to the server from Wiim app log.
they advised me to reinstall LMS, which I don’t think would help.

Thanks for your advice. I did send the feedback twice but the support team came back with the comment that it was due to my LMS settings when they saw the failure of connection to the server from Wiim app log.
they advised me to reinstall LMS, which I don’t think would help.
If none of your squeeze players discover the server then it's not likely a WiiM issue.
Are they all on the same broadcast domain?
Rather than reinstall could you temporarily install LMS on another machine?
Have you tried asking for help on the LMS forums?

WiiM devices don’t provide the -s setting anywhere.

-s is a Squeezelite parameter that allows you to define the IP address of the LMS server.

Normally this is not required as a Squeezelite player can auto discover the LMS server using TCP/UDP 3483 but this only works when the player and the server are on the same subnet. When they are not on the same subnet eg via a VPN etc then you’d use the -s parameter. WiiM haven’t provided for this use case.

If none of your squeeze players discover the server then it's not likely a WiiM issue.
Are they all on the same broadcast domain?
Rather than reinstall could you temporarily install LMS on another machine?
Have you tried asking for help on the LMS forums?
I have another 2 squeezelite players that are connected to LMS. But I need to use the -s parameters on those two.

WiiM devices don’t provide the -s setting anywhere.

-s is a Squeezelite parameter that allows you to define the IP address of the LMS server.

Normally this is not required as a Squeezelite player can auto discover the LMS server using TCP/UDP 3483 but this only works when the player and the server are on the same subnet. When they are not on the same subnet eg via a VPN etc then you’d use the -s parameter. WiiM haven’t provided for this use case.
My LMS and players and Wiim are on the same subnet and Wiim even wired while other playera are wireless.

I have another 2 squeezelite players that are connected to LMS. But I need to use the -s parameters on those two.
The fact that you need to hardcode the server IP into the other two squeezelite players shows that auto discovery isn't working, so there's a problem with your network (or LMS install), not the WiiM.

I assume the WiiM Home app detects the Pro Plus, which means mDNS is working. Assuming they're all on the same subnet I'd try packet capture or another LMS install somewhere (as WiiM have suggested).

The fact that you need to hardcode the server IP into the other two squeezelite players shows that auto discovery isn't working, so there's a problem with your network (or LMS install), not the WiiM.

I assume the WiiM Home app detects the Pro Plus, which means mDNS is working. Assuming they're all on the same subnet I'd try packet capture or another LMS install somewhere (as WiiM have suggested).
I also think so and tried to clean install LMS again but the discovery was the same. I’m not very much expert in packet capture analysis. Could you give me some hints. Thanks so much

I also think so and tried to clean install LMS again but the discovery was the same. I’m not very much expert in packet capture analysis. Could you give me some hints. Thanks so much
Update: I sorted out the reason. It was my router hairpin firewall rule. Removing the rule solve the issue. Wiim PP shows up. Thanks all for your supports.

I had issues with LMS not seeing my Wiim Pro, tried and tried and finally said the heck with it. Installed Twonky Server, instant recognition and not a single issue since. Worth the look, and they have a free trial if anyone is interested.

Back