Use of Tags

heinzr

It seems that WiiM Home use the Filename tag to for a song instead of the Title tag, which IMO would make more sense.
Is this something that can be changed?
It would be useful if other tags could be displayed as well (like Artist and Album).

It seems that WiiM Home use the Filename tag to for a song instead of the Title tag, which IMO would make more sense.
Is this something that can be changed?
It would be useful if other tags could be displayed as well (like Artist and Album).
Your media server controls the text that the WiiM Home app displays.
What media server are you using, and are you using Folder view, where it's more likely that filenames will be used?

Your media server controls the text that the WiiM Home app displays.
What media server are you using, and are you using Folder view, where it's more likely that filenames will be used?
You are correct - the big problem is the media server that not use the tags of FLAC and M4A files.
Thanks!

I am using the media server included in my FritzBox i(a popular cable modem Germany). That allows me connect a USB drive to the cable modem, and access the drive from all devices on the network. I am not sure what to do now...

You are correct - the big problem is the media server that not use the tags of FLAC and M4A files.
Thanks!

I am using the media server included in my FritzBox i(a popular cable modem Germany). That allows me connect a USB drive to the cable modem, and access the drive from all devices on the network. I am not sure what to do now...
I think that is a customised version of MiniDLNA which has some issues in conjunction with WiiM.

I think that is a customised version of MiniDLNA which has some issues in conjunction with WiiM.
Quite possible. It does state that the included media server does not use tag information for FLAC, M4A and other files types. So the problem is clearly the media server and not the WiiM.

Thanks!

The same problem was reported here.

I'm afraid it's either convert to MP3 or install a media server somewhere else.

Are these units still being sold?

Consider a Raspberry Pi as a cheap always on server. They are easy to build and you can experiment with various server software by having more than one SD card.

Consider a Raspberry Pi as a cheap always on server. They are easy to build and you can experiment with various server software by having more than one SD card.
I have a few Pis but went for a 'refurbished' thin client PC. Cheap & reasonably powerful. My last Pi project died from a SD card failure 😣

I have a few Pis but went for a 'refurbished' thin client PC. Cheap & reasonably powerful. My last Pi project died from a SD card failure 😣
I have been doing just that until last week when I built a new Pi5 LMS server.
I might yet opt for a NUC type solution but currently unsure. It will depend on the performance of the Pi - you can of course backup the entire SD card. Music files are on a NAS.

Quite possible. It does state that the included media server does not use tag information for FLAC, M4A and other files types. So the problem is clearly the media server and not the WiiM.
What's your WiiM device?

Back