Ability to export/ import playlist of Network Streams

Brantome

I had to re install my WiiM app and was disappointed to find my Network Stream list had been cleared. Also, I need to duplicate that list manually on my two WiiM devices.

It would be great if the WiiM app could save the configured network streams as a simple m3u playlist of the form below and permit the import of such a list to a device to easily populate the Network Stream list on a WiiM device. That concept could also be extended for favourites, presets etc

#EXTM3U

# Radio Paradise Flac streams with metadata
#EXTINF:-1, Radio Paradise Main Mix FLAC
#EXTINF:-1, Radio Paradise Mellow Mix FLAC
#EXTINF:-1, Radio Paradise Rock Mix FLAC
#EXTINF:-1, Radio Paradise World/Etc Mix FLAC

# International
#EXTINF:-1, JB Radio 2 FLAC
#EXTINF:-1, JB Radio 2 MP3 320
#EXTINF:-1, JB Radio-2 - High Resolution Audio

# Linn Radio
#EXTINF:-1, Linn Classical
#EXTINF:-1, Linn Jazz
#EXTINF:-1, Linn Radio

# KCRW https://www.kcrw.com/streams-help
#EXTINF:-1, KCRW
#EXTINF:-1, KCRW Eclectic 24
#EXTINF:-1, KCRW News 24
#EXTINF:-1, KCRW Santa Barbara

This is quite ridiculous that the streams are linked to the app on the mobile device and not to the user account (like presents). I'm using iphone and ipad which means that I have to add the links twice and need to do it on the mobile device as the widows apps is a joke????

You don't really have a WiiM account against which you can associate items such as this, that's why I requested an export/import feature. I'm sure WiiM will get round to it - till then you could always use something like bubbleupnp or similar and save and play presets to your wimm device.

Writing early 2024, it's dismaying to see how rigid the Internet Streams app function remains (Android). No way to sort, even manually. Search returns only commercial-service (Tidal, TuneIn, et al) items, ignores user-set streams. No import/export for, example radio streams playlist which would at least allow me to order the playlist and push it on to the Wiim app. Related but a bit off-topic: "Playlists" cannot be registered directly from m3u files (e.g., audiobook m3u from Internet Archive et al) but must "see" the individual physical audio files (e.g., mp3 files) on the app device's file system. Contrast especially to flexibility in VLC app.
This really has the potential to be a "deal breaker" omission in the app design.

Writing early 2024, it's dismaying to see how rigid the Internet Streams app function remains (Android). No way to sort, even manually. Search returns only commercial-service (Tidal, TuneIn, et al) items, ignores user-set streams. No import/export for, example radio streams playlist which would at least allow me to order the playlist and push it on to the Wiim app. Related but a bit off-topic: "Playlists" cannot be registered directly from m3u files (e.g., audiobook m3u from Internet Archive et al) but must "see" the individual physical audio files (e.g., mp3 files) on the app device's file system. Contrast especially to flexibility in VLC app.
This really has the potential to be a "deal breaker" omission in the app design.
Support contacted me Jan 31 '24 requesting to know whether the "streams" in my Internet Streams list were "open" (sic) streams. I asked what an "open" Internet stream is. In response support requested a screenshot or picture. So gaslighting obviously, since Internet Streams and how it works can hardly escape the understanding of support. I'm wondering if this reflects something like the Wiim developers - at least for now - being required to assure app preference for paid services, whose interests would not be served by users finding and running their own music streams using the inflexible app. Not a good look. Call me paranoid.

Back