Wiim App not showing artist and song title for URL FLAC streams?

formica

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or missing something (or if it’s a missing feature?), but the WiiM App doesn’t show the song title and artist with a FLAC URL stream. At first I thought it was the radio station (Sanctuary Radio) that was incorrectly encoding its metadata, but I’ve tested at least a half dozen FLAC steams with the same results. The app has no issue displaying the info with the AAC and MP3 streams… as well as through the low definition TuneIn.

For reference, when I stream the same URL through VLC on my PC or mobile, the artist’s name and song title do appear correctly.

Sanctuary Radio

Radio Paradise
http://stream.radioparadise.com/rock-flacm

Is this a limitation, a known feature request... or an issue with non-standardized FLAC streams?
Thanks in adance,
Rob

When I play the Sanctuary Radio streams on my Wiim Pro I get no track info displayed but when I run Foobar2K on my desktop and play the same streams I do get track info.
Radio Paradise displays track info on both

This is Foobar for a Sanctuary stream

1712066543991.png

and a RP stream

1712066474200.png

It looks like the Wiim software is not able to display any track info when there is no Artist tag data in the stream.

When I play the Sanctuary Radio streams on my Wiim Pro I get no track info displayed but when I run Foobar2K on my desktop and play the same streams I do get track info.
Radio Paradise displays track info on both

This is Foobar for a Sanctuary stream

View attachment 6085

and a RP stream

View attachment 6084

It looks like the Wiim software is not able to display any track info when there is no Artist tag data in the

As per harkpabst, I was hard pressed to find a FLAC stream that displayed the meta info, but when I checked again, RadioParadise does right now. Jfbuk, that is exactly the information I was looking for, as I was still at a loss as I didn't see the difference when I viewed it through VLC.

Do you guys know of any other FLAC streams that display properly?

I'm going to forward the info to Sanctuary...

Back