Add "play similar music" button for Amazon music on wiim app.

merifon

Major Contributor
I don't like Amazon music original app, especially loosing the playing queue during cast to extra devices like wiim.
So, I frequently use wiim app but I miss "play similar music" that I find useful to discover something new.
Will be possible adding it in the future? Maybe in the Tidal version also?

Recently Autoplay was added to Alexa - see under settings/music&podcasts in the alexa app, or ask “Alexa, turn on Autoplay”. I haven’t tested this yet but give it a go.

Recently Autoplay was added to Alexa - see under settings/music&podcasts in the alexa app, or ask “Alexa, turn on Autoplay”. I haven’t tested this yet but give it a go.
It was already set but it doesn't work when casting to an external device. Even Tidal connect stops regardless settings. At least Amazon keep trace of recently played even in casting, whilst Tidal not.
Anyway it's not the same as a true "play similar" at any given moment.
Amazon miss the "play similar" in Android auto also and its vocal search seems kidding but these are not wiim matter...

It was already set but it doesn't work when casting to an external device. Even Tidal connect stops regardless settings. At least Amazon keep trace of recently played even in casting, whilst Tidal not.
Anyway it's not the same as a true "play similar" at any given moment.
Amazon miss the "play similar" in Android auto also and its vocal search seems kidding but these are not wiim matter...
You’re perhaps confusing it with the Autoplay setting in the amazon music app - I’m talking about the Alexa app where the availability of an Autoplay setting is a recent addition. It may admittedly require WiiM to do something at their end.

And Amazon define Autoplay as “keep listening to similar tracks when your music ends”, so I don’t know why you perceive a difference.

You’re perhaps confusing it with the Autoplay setting in the amazon music app - I’m talking about the Alexa app where the availability of an Autoplay setting is a recent addition. It may admittedly require WiiM to do something at their end.

And Amazon define Autoplay as “keep listening to similar tracks when your music ends”, so I don’t know why you perceive a difference.
No, I'm not confusing, both alexa and Amazon apps are set for keep listening etc. or autoplay but this does not happens when casting to wiim mini. When a playlist ends, playing stream stops.
Anyway I was mainly referring to missing "listen similar music" choice in wiim app, present in genuine Amazon app.

Back