No queue when casting from Amazon HD app to Wiim Pro Plus with Alexa Cast

deaste

If I open the Amazon music app, connect to my Wiim Pro Plus using Alexa Cast, and I play an album, the album is played correctly, but I can see no queue in the Amazon app, while in the Wiim app I can see the currently played track with resolution info, but there is no queue.
In other cases I can see a queue:
- if I play an Amazon HD album directly from within the Wiim app I can see a queue.
- if I play an Amazon HD album from within the Amazon music app without a connection to the Wiim Pro Plus I can see a queue.

If I open the Amazon music app, connect to my Wiim Pro Plus using Alexa Cast, and I play an album, the album is played correctly, but I can see no queue in the Amazon app, while in the Wiim app I can see the currently played track with resolution info, but there is no queue.
In other cases I can see a queue:
- if I play an Amazon HD album directly from within the Wiim app I can see a queue.
- if I play an Amazon HD album from within the Amazon music app without a connection to the Wiim Pro Plus I can see a queue.
Yes, me too.

At least, I've never seen a queue on AlexaCast on Android. Probably it's an AlexaCast spec.

It's an AlexaCast restriction/omission unfortunately, even with Amazon devices like the Echo. At one point, I think you could however see the queue in the Alexa app, not sure if you still can.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies. I see that connecting via Chromecast the queue is present in both apps, however gapless playing at full resolution via Alexa is preferable even if the queue is missing.

Thank you for your replies. I see that connecting via Chromecast the queue is present in both apps, however gapless playing at full resolution via Alexa is preferable even if the queue is missing.
It should also be noted that Amazon Music doesn’t seem to cast any higher than HD (16/44.1) using ChromeCast

Do you think that Amazon Music downsaples hires tracks or streams instead directly CDres tracks when available?
My understanding of the adaptive streaming model that Amazon Music uses is that it has different resolution versions of each track on hand - how it came to have them is anyone’s guess, whether they got the different versions direct from the source or whether they downsample higher res versions themselves.

Back