I don't see Amazon alexa settings...

Wiimer

Major Contributor
The "Amazon Music HD/UHD" section may not be displayed on the Amazon alexa settings screen of the WiiM app.

This may be an Amazon API issue, but I have submitted a support ticket.

Screenshot_2024-01-21-17-11-25-712_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Still there for the Mini whereas it no longer served a purpose for the newer models as they support HD/UHD in MRM so you wouldn’t need a switch to turn it off.

Edit: I’d say it was an app enhancement removing an unnecessary setting rather than a bug.

I couldn't see it the day before yesterday, and I could see it yesterday.
And it was turned off. Today it is disappearing again. 🤔

My WiiM may have gone crazy. 😂😂😂

Screenshot_2024-01-20-20-26-46-453_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg

I couldn't see it the day before yesterday, and I could see it yesterday.
And it was turned off. Today it is disappearing again. 🤔

My WiiM may have gone crazy. 😂😂😂

View attachment 4691
Glad not just me, mine went then came back and the slider was turned to the off position. Noticed because Amazon stopped playing hi-res. I assumed the app was confused as i run other linkplay powered devices alongside the Wiims and that function is not available to them. Not to worry seems Back to normal now. 😀

Glad not just me, mine went then came back and the slider was turned to the off position. Noticed because Amazon stopped playing hi-res. I assumed the app was confused as i run other linkplay powered devices alongside the Wiims and that function is not available to them. Not to worry seems Back to normal now. 😀
Was this for a Mini?

Yes, it's exactly the same as my experience.
I felt a little relieved. 😅

@Wiimer i just checked all the wiim devices and the slider is safely in place. I would have thought it was my imagination until you posted 🤣

@Wiimer i just checked all the wiim devices and the slider is safely in place. I would have thought it was my imagination until you posted 🤣
Now this section has disappeared on all my devices. According to @Brantome and @onlyoneme, this seems to be correct.
We'll have to wait and see if it will reappear tomorrow. 🤔

I reinstalled the app, but nothing happens. After that, I reset the Mini.

Then, for some reason, a section appeared on both Mini and Pro.

I don't understand why! 😂😂😂

Mini
IMG_20240121_184158.jpg

Pro
IMG_20240121_184219.jpg

So it's weird indeed. I can see it only for my Mini, it's not visible for any other WiiM I have.

As always, you are wise.
This issue is not a big problem for me.
So gently close the app and I forget about it. 🤣

So it's weird indeed. I can see it only for my Mini, it's not visible for any other WiiM I have.
I presumed they’d dropped it for the others as they can support HD/UHD MRM so the switch serves no purpose for them. If there was another device in the group that didn’t support HD/UHD, Alexa would drop the resolution to that anyway irrespective of how that switch would be set.

Last edited:
Back