Amazon music API beta

Wiimer

Major Contributor
yeah, this’ll be interesting if indeed it does offer the same functionality as the amazon music app. If so it may do away with the need to use AlexaCast which some seem to have been having issues with on the Mini in terms of stability.

yeah, this’ll be interesting if indeed it does offer the same functionality as the amazon music app. If so it may do away with the need to use AlexaCast which some seem to have been having issues with on the Mini in terms of stability.
Yes.
But the problem is that it can end up in beta for life! 😂😂😂

Yes.
But the problem is that it can end up in beta for life! 😂😂😂
All software is beta (so are many if not most products, arguably). The users are the testers giving feedback to the product/development team. The real differentiator is whether an incarnation is generally available or not. And level of acknowledged support -- although many organizations support their "alpha" and "beta" customers much more effectively than others' do their GR customers. So in practical terms the release labels can mean less than nothing in terms of UX.

Last edited:
All software is beta (so are many if not most products, arguably). The users are the testers giving feedback to the product/development team. The real differentiator is whether an incarnation is generally available or not. And level of acknowledged support -- although many organizations support their "alpha" and "beta" customers much more effectively than others' do their GR customers. So in practical terms the release labels can mean less than nothing in terms of UX.
I think you're right, but that seems like a separate argument. 🙂

I'm not talking about the WiiM app, about the Amazon API.
Will Linkplay incorporate "beta API" into WiiM devices? I don't think so. 🤔

Is there any update on adding different sort options? Like sorting albums by artist name.

Back