Add Support for Siri Shortcuts (iOS App)

chava.murillo

It would be awesome if you can add the ability to run customs shortcuts on iOS:

A few examples of the general uses:
  • Change Input: I have connected one device through AUX IN but this device is usually always on (standby) so when I’m listening music through Airplay/Spotify Connect and want to hear the Audio from AUX In I need to open the app and change the input.
  • Decrease/Increase volume (when it’s not possible to do it from the device that is connected (mainly through AUX IN)
  • Interaction with other apps.
  • Activate/deactivate alarm according to Focus Mode: It’ll be great to enable or disable an alarm if a Focus Mode (Sleep for example) is on or off.
I love about the capabilities of this little device I got rid of a lot of cables when I bought it.

Last edited:

• Change Input: I have connected one device through AUX IN but this device is usually always on (standby) so when I’m listening music through Airplay/Spotify Connect and want to hear the Audio from AUX In I need to open the app and change the input.
  • Decrease/Increase volume (when it’s not possible to do it from the device that is connected (mainly through AUX IN)
  • Activate/deactivate alarm according to Focus Mode: It’ll be great to enable or disable an alarm if a Focus Mode (Sleep for example) is on or off.
I love about the capabilities of this little device I got rid of a lot of cables when I bought it.
Hi Chava, thank you for your great suggestions. Custom shortcuts on iOS is great for these use cases. I'd also like to let you know - with the latest firmware update, the Aux-in signal can be detected automatically thus you don't need switch to Aux-in manually.

Hi
Using the api this is actually possible.
I posted a how to here:
How to create Siri Shortcuts using the WiiM api

Back