Auto switch inputs from Aux / WiFi

Tharkimaa

Hi,

Currently the only way to switch inputs is through the app. This is very slow as one has to find the phone, open the app, wait to find the WiiM and then scroll all the way down in the Browse Menu to select source. Then it takes a further 4 seconds till the command is registered.

I understand there are use cases where the input switching is not wanted. But please, could we have an option to either:

a. Auto switch between sources to the current one playing. If there’s 2 sources playing, then the newest sources gets priority.

Or

b. Make a source “default”. In my use case, the Aux in can be left to default, and when Airplay is used, the source would temporarily switch to Wi-Fi. When the Airplay is stopped, the WiiM mini would switch back to its default setting, in this case the Aux in.

Thanks for the continued support of this device.

Plus one here. Pro as well. I particularly would like to be able to change between wifi and bluetooth without finding my phone, loading up the app and faffing about.

plus one here too. It's super annoying to have to switch inputs through the app. Mini here

Total oversight on Linkplay's part, you can't switch it without the app and the LED doesn't indicate what the input is set to.

It's not sensing my turntable preamp, perhaps the output is just too low for it to switch. Can the threshold be adjusted? I have it switched on to auto sense and I performed a reboot, but it still won't switch inputs.

It's not sensing my turntable preamp, perhaps the output is just too low for it to switch. Can the threshold be adjusted? I have it switched on to auto sense and I performed a reboot, but it still won't switch inputs.
Currently, adjustments are not possible. Please submit a ticket from the app to request the function.

I've never used autosensing, but does it play the turntable after stopping the music that's playing right now, or does it switch when the Wiim starts playing the turntable while it's in standby?

I tested it with my laptop as the aux input and got it to switch automatically. The output of my preamp just isn't enough to switch it. When the record is playing it won't switch the input, it just doesn't meet the defined threshold. I just need to purchase a better preamp. The output on mine is fixed.

I tested it with my laptop as the aux input and got it to switch automatically. The output of my preamp just isn't enough to switch it. When the record is playing it won't switch the input, it just doesn't meet the defined threshold. I just need to purchase a better preamp. The output on mine is fixed.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with it, so I can't name a specific product, but having a cheap preamp with adjustable gain might solve it. 🙂

Agree that this is a UX oversight. Amps & receivers have physical controls for quickly changing inputs. The WiiM Amp only has one physical control of course (the play/volume knob), however it has some unmapped control patterns that could be mapped to this table-stakes functionality:
- double tap to change source
- long press to change source

Lastly, there have been other threads about assigning sources to the 4 quickselect buttons on the remote. This is a no-brainer as a config option, and aligns with how many multi-source owners would expect the control structure to be.

They released a fix color coding the inputs with the LED. The auto detect also works well. Hardware wise it would of been nice to have a physical button for inputs.

I would recommend this UI:

[X] Allow auto switching input

Input priority
[1] Bluetooth
[2] Wifi
[3] Digital
[4] Analog

Or something like that. Let people both disable auto switching altogether, and when enabled let turn choose which input takes priority or disable auto switching to that input.

In the above setup if someone connects with Bluetooth it'll be played even if something else is already, and it'll only switch to analog if there's no signal on any other input.

Agree that this is a UX oversight. Amps & receivers have physical controls for quickly changing inputs. The WiiM Amp only has one physical control of course (the play/volume knob), however it has some unmapped control patterns that could be mapped to this table-stakes functionality:
- double tap to change source
- long press to change source

Lastly, there have been other threads about assigning sources to the 4 quickselect buttons on the remote. This is a no-brainer as a config option, and aligns with how many multi-source owners would expect the control structure to be.
All good and well (except long press being already in use for entering setup mode), but this has been a feature requests for the WiiM Mini. Different hardware, remote not included as standard.

The remote already allows to switch inputs, if only sequentially. Plus it supports voice commands, of course (which personally don't use).

And then there is auto-sensing already ...

Back