Airplay 2 speakers

Buster

Hi,
Does the WiiM app see any and all airplay 2 speakers that are on the home Wi-Fi network as devices That can be streamed to? For example the JBL with linkplay or the Audio Pro c3?

Hi,
Does the WiiM app see any and all airplay 2 speakers that are on the home Wi-Fi network as devices That can be streamed to? For example the JBL with linkplay or the Audio Pro c3?
Apparently:

Easily build your multiroom sound system with your existing AirPlay 2 speakers, Amazon Echo and Google Home devices. Using your legacy audio devices, you can create a more flexible multiroom sound system with multiple WiiM Pros, Minis or LinkPlay powered devices. WiiM Pro supports the multiroom from various audio source inputs, including WiFi, BT, or Aux /SPDIF input. Making it versatile with almost every music listening option.
Source: https://wiimhome.com/WiiMPro/Overview

I do not see non-Wiim devices in the Wiim app. I believe the official solution for this is to use the native airplay control on your phone to send to Airplay devices. In other words, start Apple music, then hit the stream button and select any combination of Wiim or Airplay2 devices.

I do not see non-Wiim devices in the Wiim app. I believe the official solution for this is to use the native airplay control on your phone to send to Airplay devices. In other words, start Apple music, then hit the stream button and select any combination of Wiim or Airplay2 devices.
Yeah, I believe the Wiim devices are seen as airplay receivers, not transmitters so you need to use an Airplay client to transmit to them and others.

Back