Allowing casting from youtube app natively (audio only, no video).

mrfardoche

There are so many videos on youtube that are not available in youtube music. Vinyl rips, tape rips, audio courses for learning languages, so much more, which is not available in Youtube Music... It would be very useful if the Wiim pro and the Wiim Pro Plus could be recognized like a Chromecast Ultra video BUT without rendering video, just the audio rendered, and I'm talking about being able to natively do it from the youtube app, I'm on Android. I used to have Chromecast audio, 3 of them, got rid of them, I use Chromecast Ultras hooked to HDMI to Audio extractors, they work fine, but I prefer the whole Wiim ecosystem.

I don’t think is possible - from memory, you can only cast the audio from a YouTube video from the chrome browser on a desktop. Using the Google API to pretend to be a ChromeCast video device might be against its T&Cs.

This has been discussed a fair bit on the forum - try a forum search for “youtube”.

Edit: guess you could use Bluetooth though…

There are so many videos on youtube that are not available in youtube music. Vinyl rips, tape rips, audio courses for learning languages, so much more, which is not available in Youtube Music... It would be very useful if the Wiim pro and the Wiim Pro Plus could be recognized like a Chromecast Ultra video BUT without rendering video, just the audio rendered, and I'm talking about being able to natively do it from the youtube app, I'm on Android. I used to have Chromecast audio, 3 of them, got rid of them, I use Chromecast Ultras hooked to HDMI to Audio extractors, they work fine, but I prefer the whole Wiim ecosystem.
Hi mrfardoche,

By enabling Chromecast on the WiiM Pro or WiiM Pro Plus, you can cast audio from YouTube or any Chrome browser content to these devices. Give it a try and share your feedback with us. Thank you!

Hi mrfardoche,

By enabling Chromecast on the WiiM Pro or WiiM Pro Plus, you can cast audio from YouTube or any Chrome browser content to these devices. Give it a try and share your feedback with us. Thank you!
I am in Youtube right now, testing. I do mean Youtube, not Youtube music. I have Chromecast enabled on my Wiim Pro, I can see the Wiim Pro in my google home app, I still don't see my Wiim Pro available from Youtube. I have an android device.

I am in Youtube right now, testing. I do mean Youtube, not Youtube music. I have Chromecast enabled on my Wiim Pro, I can see the Wiim Pro in my google home app, I still don't see my Wiim Pro available from Youtube. I have an android device.
Have you followed the instructions here? You may need to flip back from the Home app after selecting the WiiM device back into YouTube to get it going again. It’s quite out of sync so I wouldn’t try to watch the video and listen at the same time - I don’t know if that lip sync can be reduced.

Yes, this works. I did mean from the youtube app. But yes, the workaround works. I just would have liked to do this from within the actual youtube app.

Yes, this works. I did mean from the youtube app. But yes, the workaround works. I just would have liked to do this from within the actual youtube app.
Yeah, it does seem like a bit of a tortuous workaround - ideally the YouTube app should be able to ascertain whether a ChromeCast target is audio only and deal with it, but it seems to be focused on video casting alone in my experience.

Back