Amazon music inside wiim home app

kevinek

Major Contributor
OK
Amazon music is a mess. I started music today. Song was ending and I returned to wiim home app to search next music but it displayed time 0:04 of that song and play button was waving and not responding at all.
Other issue are favorites: still only part of lists loading. searching inside favorites not working and searching entire amazon.
This makes amazon music useless even if it has great sound quality.

There is an issue. I was playing on Amazon music inside wiim home app. Then I have only opened Tidal app and it caused wiim home stop and lost playlist and display tidal's logo.
Have you submitted a ticket thru the feedback section in the WiiM app? That way they can inspect your log files and diagnose the issue. This forum isn’t for submitting bugs just general discussion/ support

These are the reasons why I can't use WHA even if i would :
1) Pause and resume on Amazon Music Unlimited doesn't work if more than 20 minutes pass
2) There are no options to sort the album list. The only one is album name, but with a library of over 1000 albums it is practically impossible to remember all the exact album titles. At least 2 other options would be needed:
Artist Name
Last Added
3) Deleting songs from "Recently Played" is practically impossible. After hours and hours of listening there are hundreds of songs and they must be deleted one by one!!!!! A "Select All" check box is missing.
4) Now the worst of all. The albums list on Android is crazy.
I find albums with the letter A; B;C;D; again album with B (the article is not considered) then album with E;F;G: again albums with E and so on. Crazy to find an album.
I had already written about it by attaching screenshots.
You told me it was Amazon's fault.
For me this is not true because:
1) The album list in the AM App (Android and IOS) is perfect
2) The album list in WHA on my IOS tablet is perfect
3) The album list in WHA on my Android tablet (Huawei) and on my phone (Samsung) is a mess
Now if it was Amazon's fault the list would be messed up everywhere
I read above in a WiiM support answer
that "even casting from Amazon Music should give the bitrate display." Well, casting from AMA doesn't show the bitrate at all
Has anyone else encountered these glitches?

You make some valid points as things are constantly changing:

1) With the iPhone, WHA is about ten to fifteen seconds latent when pressing pause.
2) Correct about no albums sorting in WMA. At least now they are alphabetical starting with albums with numbers then to letters. Interesting the way the albums used to appear is exactly the way it used to on Amazon in their iPhone app. I typically locate albums via artists.
3) No comment as I typically do not even look at recently played
4) Nothing wrong this morning

I assume it was Amazon's issue as the proper alphabetizing of both artists and albums have been coincident on both AMHD and WHA.
Regarding bitrate, it does appear on my iPhone yet the wire connection is superior to the Airplay.

These are the reasons why I can't use WHA even if i would :
1) Pause and resume on Amazon Music Unlimited doesn't work if more than 20 minutes pass
2) There are no options to sort the album list. The only one is album name, but with a library of over 1000 albums it is practically impossible to remember all the exact album titles. At least 2 other options would be needed:
Artist Name
Last Added
3) Deleting songs from "Recently Played" is practically impossible. After hours and hours of listening there are hundreds of songs and they must be deleted one by one!!!!! A "Select All" check box is missing.
4) Now the worst of all. The albums list on Android is crazy.
I find albums with the letter A; B;C;D; again album with B (the article is not considered) then album with E;F;G: again albums with E and so on. Crazy to find an album.
I had already written about it by attaching screenshots.
You told me it was Amazon's fault.
For me this is not true because:
1) The album list in the AM App (Android and IOS) is perfect
2) The album list in WHA on my IOS tablet is perfect
3) The album list in WHA on my Android tablet (Huawei) and on my phone (Samsung) is a mess
Now if it was Amazon's fault the list would be messed up everywhere
I read above in a WiiM support answer
that "even casting from Amazon Music should give the bitrate display." Well, casting from AMA doesn't show the bitrate at all
Has anyone else encountered these glitches?
I say WiiM, for a tiny company, is doing amazing work and creating AMAZING category killing products.

I'd rather have high bit rate passthrough than every nuance in view/search capability. Wouldn't you?

I use Amazon exclusively as source. I notice that they are constantly tinkering with the app on the multitude of platforms they are on.

Yesterday the new Android Auto platform went live for my 2020 Chevy Tahoe. With it Amazon interface improved dramatically.

I also access it via my Roku Ultra's. I have two units and my new Series 6 TCL reads as an Ultra in the Roku app. So I really have 3. The interface there is different than the Android Auto, the Motorola Edge, the Samsung tablet.

The point is, Amazon seems to have to adapt their app interface with the device it's working through. They also can't violate any IP rights of Google, Apple etc while they adapt. They have to work on open source only. This is true for Tidal and even Apple Music. They others such as Roon also have to adapt or die.

Hi K-L
As i told "The albums list on Android is crazy." If i use mi Ipad album list in WHA and AMA, as you told, are coincident.
You are lucky. Bit rate appears on your Iphone, but does'nt appear on mi Ipad :unsure: :unsure:

Hi BillHATX
I completely agree with you when you say "WiiM, for a tiny company, is doing amazing work and creating AMAZING category killing products."
They do amazing and GREAT work.
Much more famous companies don't even do half of what they do.
I will say more, they have a unique regard for their customers and work like hell!! Also 2 firmware updates per month.
A lot of people should learn from them!!
However, this does not mean that some things can be improved and in this regard it seems that they gladly accept suggestions from users to improve their products more and more.
That was my aim, not a criticism.
As proof I say that I have the WiiM Mini and I'm waiting for them to deliver the LONG awaited Pro

I do no adjusting of playlists, songs, albums, etc. within the Wiim. Everything is done through AMHD. I have had no issues playing music via Wiim Mini as long as I do any and all the reconfiguring within the Amazon Music app only. The changes are then reflected in the Wiim. Still some annoying issues with various sorting but the playlists are intact and the music is phenomenal.

I do no adjusting of playlists, songs, albums, etc. within the Wiim. Everything is done through AMHD. I have had no issues playing music via Wiim Mini as long as I do any and all the reconfiguring within the Amazon Music app only. The changes are then reflected in the Wiim. Still some annoying issues with various sorting but the playlists are intact and the music is phenomenal.
It was already stated many times: streaming straight from amazon music isnt available worldwide. I can only listen through wiim home app and just want to add new song to fav from there.

Back