App struggles with albums of >100 tracks

Gieseking

I've submitted feedback to the developers about this, but wondered if anybody else had encountered it.

When listening to unusually long albums (operas, box sets etc) on Qobuz I've noticed that if there are more than a certain number of individual tracks, the WiiM Home app can't handle it and crashes. Playback works fine, but if I attempt to scroll down too far in the track list the app freezes and has to be restarted. In practice this makes it almost impossible to start or resume playback at, e.g., track 60 in an album. I'm wondering whether some quirk of coding doesn't allow for track numbers above a certain value. So far I've only encountered this with albums that have more than ~100 tracks, but it does seem to affect *every* such album - which makes me suspect a bug that needs fixing.

I've submitted feedback to the developers about this, but wondered if anybody else had encountered it.

When listening to unusually long albums (operas, box sets etc) on Qobuz I've noticed that if there are more than a certain number of individual tracks, the WiiM Home app can't handle it and crashes. Playback works fine, but if I attempt to scroll down too far in the track list the app freezes and has to be restarted. In practice this makes it almost impossible to start or resume playback at, e.g., track 60 in an album. I'm wondering whether some quirk of coding doesn't allow for track numbers above a certain value. So far I've only encountered this with albums that have more than ~100 tracks, but it does seem to affect *every* such album - which makes me suspect a bug that needs fixing.
Or it could be that the Qobuz API that WiiM uses can’t handle such albums…

Do you have an example of such an album and I’ll see if I can scroll thru all the tracks in LMS or BubbleUPNP?

Do you have an example of such an album and I’ll see if I can scroll thru all the tracks in LMS or BubbleUPNP?
Yes, search for Haydn: the Complete Symphonies (conducted by Adam Fischer) which with 414 tracks reliably crashes the app.

I’ve just tried that 414 tracks album set and it scrolls fine for me both in LMS and in the iPad WiiM Home app, both in track display and in the queue. I’ve just also tried the WiiM app on my android phone, and there’s no issue there either - in fact, the track numbering seems better there as it at least show three digits.

Try deleting your WiiM app cache if you’re on android or delete and reinstall it if you’re on iOS.

I’ve just tried that 414 tracks album set and it scrolls fine for me both in LMS and in the iPad WiiM Home app, both in track display and in the queue. I’ve just also tried the WiiM app on my android phone, and there’s no issue there either - in fact, the track numbering seems better there as it at least show three digits.

Try deleting your WiiM app cache if you’re on android or delete and reinstall it if you’re on iOS.
We have successfully replicated the issue you reported. Currently, the engineer responsible for addressing this matter is on leave for the Chinese New Year (CNY) holiday. We assure you that we will prioritize resolving this issue promptly after the CNY holiday concludes.

Last edited:
For me too, Wiim Home has problems with my playlists of more than 100 songs created on Qobuz app. I am attaching an example: my Qobuz DL2 playlist includes 154 songs. This same playlist on Wiim Home includes 218 songs including 54 songs added as duplicates. These 54 dubbed songs are the songs above 100.
In 1: last song in my playlist on Qobuz app = "Tu ne m'entends pas"
In 2: on Wiim Home 54 duplicates songs come after the last song "Tu ne m'entends pas"

Attachments

• QOBUZ APP.jpg
    QOBUZ APP.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 1
  • WIIM HOME APP.jpg
    WIIM HOME APP.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1
Back