Audiolab 6000a or other + wiim

Also Marantz pm7000n looks like quite promising. I can see now it capable of 24/192 after app update. So I I can buy 2in 1
Sure, if you prefer to connect your TV via toslink rather than HDMI and if you have no need for Chromecast/Googlecast.

Lots of options on the second hand market. Don't forget e.g. the Cyrus One Cast. Bluesound Powernode Edge. TEAC AI-303. Advance Paris Playstream A1 (my favorite dealer swears by Advance Paris). CocktailAudio N25 AMP. BC Acoustique EX-214. Leak Stereo 130. Nubert nuConnect ampX. Naming just a few.

hi guys, bought Audiolab 7000a XD What wiim should i consider buying? Maybe utlra? Or maybe built-in dac in amp is good and i can go with wii m mini?

guys with wiim pro i can control subwoofer if it is connected to AMP?
I think you can also adjust some settings in audiolab app or amp?

guys with wiim pro i can control subwoofer if it is connected to AMP?
I think you can also adjust some settings in audiolab app or amp?
No, as discussed previously, the only control you would have is via the Sub itself. The Ultra, on the other hand, will have full sub output with bass control as in the Wiim Amp.

I can but why?
You're returning the WiiM Amp now for another amp you don't know, yet. Depending on how good the Ultra may turn out, all you's really need was a pure power amp (or a pair of monoblocks), not a fully featured integrated amp, delivering the same or better performance at a lower price.

Just a thought.

You're returning the WiiM Amp now for another amp you don't know, yet. Depending on how good the Ultra may turn out, all you's really need was a pure power amp (or a pair of monoblocks), not a fully featured integrated amp, delivering the same or better performance at a lower price.

Just a thought.
I think Wiim amp which is amp+streamer with a very low price can provide decent sound quality for speakers. It is 2 in 1 device so looks like amp price is just 150 EUR. I think this is entry level device and having fun with EQ is already a bad idea, which confirms that something with amp is not that good. Also to free speakers from bass I also think not the best idea. I would rather stay with fast bass and let subwoofer play only below 40hz couple of times in the track, so I will let speakers do the bass job just how company made them for. Decreasing their bass potentional this is not how manufacturer wanted them to play.
Nothing in this world is for free. The low cost of Wiim amp is reasonable, but I don’t know where. Good things cost more money.
Audiolab 7000a looks like a real amp which performance will be fantastic.
I also thought that that in low price you can get good device when i purchased edifier speakers. Unfortunately low price was reasonable and i had to sell them. This could be Self deception also.
Let see i will test it. If there will be no significant difference, so Wiim company made a masterpiece and I will buy it again 😀
I have a question. I know you are using Wiim amp but did you test other amps?

Last edited:
Back