Audiolab 6000a or other + wiim

Yes. When i start playing with EQ, they start Sound like small jbl wireless speaker 🤣 oh i see how it works

Speakers can play from 49hz. Is it good idea to set sub to play all below 49hz, so the speakers will play from it natural 49 hz? 😀
No, not at all. :)

First of all, this -3 dB at 49 Hz is for anechoic environments, it's not the in-room response. Even if you could measure the "natural" roll-off frequency in your room, there simply is no need to. That's the big advantage of real bass management. Finally, your speakers will sound better if they don't have to play low bass.

The sub is not just to extend the bass, it can actually help.to improve the sound. Not with devices like the Audiolab, of course. It's simply technically worse in that respect.

I am currently looking for amp Cambridge audio CXA81 it has sub out. I want to pair it with wiim.

Is it good idea guys?

Don’t know what it means? Could you please describe to someone who lives under big rock?
If I understand it correctly the low pass filter is equivalent to setting the crossover point in the WiiM Amp which has been recommended to be 80-100Hz, so 2300Hz is way higher and it's also fixed. I may be completely wrong and will stand corrected if I am?

Guys, so i think i will go with Audiolab 6000a, connect sub to pre out input and + wiim
What wiim should i choose for a best quality ? I want to connect amp by optical to TV, so how should I connect wiim to it?

Last edited:
Guys, so i think i will go with Audiolab 6000a, connect sub to pre out input and + wiim
What wiim should i choose for a best quality ? I want to connect amp by optical to TV, so how should I connect wiim to it?
I'm still a little confused about what you're trying to achieve. Do you want your TV sound fed (via a Wiim) through the 6000A to your Dalis and sub? If so then I still think the Ultra, which will be released very soon, will do everything you want and the Wiim Amp will then not be needed at all. So TV through Optical In on Ultra, sub connected to sub out on Ultra, Optical out or Analog out from Ultra to 6000A, Opticons connected to 6000A. This way you have bass control from the WiiM (the same as the WiiM Amp). Any other ideas welcome.

I'm still a little confused about what you're trying to achieve. Do you want your TV sound fed (via a Wiim) through the 6000A to your Dalis and sub? If so then I still think the Ultra, which will be released very soon, will do everything you want and the Wiim Amp will then not be needed at all. So TV through Optical In on Ultra, sub connected to sub out on Ultra, Optical out or Analog out from Ultra to 6000A, Opticons connected to 6000A. This way you have bass control from the WiiM (the same as the WiiM Amp). Any other ideas welcome.
I want to Connect sub to audiolab via pre out input. Wiim to audiolab by optical / rca / coaxial i guess? tv to audiolab by optical.
So i will use Wiim for streaming music and tv for watching movies. I guess it should work good? Sub settings I will adjust once on the back of the sub

Last edited:
I want to Connect sub to audiolab via pre out input. Wiim to audiolab by optical / rca / coaxial i guess? tv to audiolab by optical.
So i will use Wiim for streaming music and tv for watching movies. I guess it should work good? Sub settings I will adjust once on the back of the sub
OK but the WiiM Amp can't be used to connect to the 6000A so you'd still need a WiiM Pro, Pro Plus or Ultra to do that.

I want to Connect sub to audiolab via pre out input.
That's understood, but why? This is not a goal on it's own, it's just one way of doing it.

Sub settings I will adjust once on the back of the sub
That's what you have to do then, indeed, because none of the alternative amps you mentioned so far feature the (technically superior) bass management.

The real questions are: What' lacking in your current setup? What do you want to improve on? How did you come to consider those two amps (Cambridge Audio CXA81 and Audiolab 600A), when they aren't even in the same price range? What is your budget and what is important to you when it comes to choosing an amp? Are you into new stuff only or do you consider buying second hand? What is your room size, listening distance and typical listening level? Any other source to consider apart from streaming?

And why don't you just try all possible configurations with the WiiM Amp first (like increasing the crossover frequency to 100 Hz) and adding EQ? ;) Room correction and 10 band PEQ are just around the corner.

There are literally hundreds of amplifiers and some of them even come with a streamer built-in, so maybe you don't need a WiiM device at all. We don't know your personal taste anyway, so whatever anyone recommends here may or may just not suit you. But we don't even know your requirements regarding features and power. So, what are you missing right now?

That's understood, but why? This is not a goal on it's own, it's just one way of doing it.

That's what you have to do then, indeed, because none of the alternative amps you mentioned so far feature the (technically superior) bass management.

The real questions are: What' lacking in your current setup? What do you want to improve on? How did you come to consider those two amps (Cambridge Audio CXA81 and Audiolab 600A), when they aren't even in the same price range? What is your budget and what is important to you when it comes to choosing an amp? Are you into new stuff only or do you consider buying second hand? What is your room size, listening distance and typical listening level? Any other source to consider apart from streaming?

And why don't you just try all possible configurations with the WiiM Amp first (like increasing the crossover frequency to 100 Hz) and adding EQ? ;) Room correction and 10 band PEQ are just around the corner.

There are literally hundreds of amplifiers and some of them even come with a streamer built-in, so maybe you don't need a WiiM device at all. We don't know your personal taste anyway, so whatever anyone recommends here may or may just not suit you. But we don't even know your requirements regarding features and power. So, what are you missing right now?
Hello!

I am pretty new to audio game :) Before Dali Opticon 2 i used Audioengine A5+ with Dali subwoofer. I like them, but currently moved them to the bedroom where i am working. And now i bought Dali and they are connected to Wiim AMP and TV in the living room.
Living room is 30 m^2.
listening distance 3-5m
Source is from streaming(Tidal) and TV. Good to have 24bit 192khz but not sure if it is real difference between CD quality 16/44
I am not listening loud, max 50% of volume i guess. I want to have a AMP with streaming or + WIIM and amp also connected to TV to watch movies.
I have dali lektor which i like cause it adding some deep bass sound. I was lucky to buy it for a very low price.

The main idea of the change is that i think that these speakers need better amplifier and not the budget one like WiiM AMP(the sound with it i like a lot, but i think it will be much better for example with AudioLab6000A). It it just like buy Porche and put 14" wheels on it from Daewooo Matiz. This is what i think, i can be wrong!

I am looking for the used amplifier+streamer 2 in 1 or + wiim

Budget for used 400-700 EUR

Audiolab 6000A is for 460 EUR. I know there is version Play with streaming, but looks like streaming is not that good as WiiM
CXA81 is for 700 EUR
CXA80 is for 350 EUR
and others... Honestly don't know which one to choose. It is millions of them.

The other main idea is to get best sound for the money :D. Fact that my Dali are not recieving AMP which will unlock their potential to the maximum or almost makes me feel sad! I am thinking that i did something wrong and should buy more advanced amp. I have WIIM AMP on testing period, 25 days left so i need to decide.

Hope you understand me :)
Yes. This is the only way to connect sub to it.

Last edited:
I would recommend an Audiolab 6000a and Wiim pro, digital connection to utilise the quality DAC in the Audiolab, I used this combo for a year or so, I've never heard the Wiim amp and like the Wiim products but the Audiolab is a great amp and you can also switch it so that if you later add an AV amp you can use it as a front speaker amp for AV but have your music source directly in to the Audiolab( as long as the av amp has pre outs)

I have WIIM AMP on testing period, 25 days left so i need to decide.

Hope you understand me :)
I see and I understand, this part in particular. :)

The main idea of the change is that i think that these speakers need better amplifier and not the budget one like WiiM AMP(the sound with it i like a lot, but i think it will be much better for example with AudioLab6000A). It it just like buy Porche and put 14" wheels on it from Daewooo Matiz. This is what i think, i can be wrong!

I am looking for the used amplifier+streamer 2 in 1 or + wiim

Budget for used 400-700 EUR

Audiolab 6000A is for 460 EUR. I know there is version Play with streaming, but looks like streaming is not that good as WiiM
CXA81 is for 700 EUR
CXA80 is for 350 EUR
and others... Honestly don't know which one to choose. It is millions of them.
You nailed it, there are countless plus 3 possibilities ... and shooting in the dark will get you nowhere. Listening to other's advice is also pretty pointless (including my own advice, of course ;) ). Few people will have heard the exact combination you are asking for. Nobody will have listened to it in your home. You don't know who might or might not have a similar taste as you.

What's left then? A couple of facts. Let's start with the money.
  • CA CXA81 at 700 EUR is out of your budget already, since it doesn't include a streamer. And btw. its DAC (ESS ES9016K2M) is older and lower spec than the WiiM Amp's (ESS ES9018K2M). It's a versatile amplifier with lots of connections for sure, but not even more powerful into 4 ohms than the WiiM Amp. No room correction, no PEQ, no proper sub management ... and it's simply more than you want to spend.
  • CA CXA80 is its predecessor, and there's nothing it can do better than the CXA80, except it's in your budget.
  • The Audiolab 6000A is within budget after adding a streamer and I'm sure it's a very fine amplifier as well (and good looking, too). Fun fact: It features exactly the same DAC as the WiiM Amp, the ES9018K2M. ;) Output power is lower than the WiiM Amp. It has more traditional amplifier features (most of which you have no plans to use, but also no room correction, no PEQ, no proper bass management, no app support. It's an alternative, but there is no guarantee it should be magically better.
And now i bought Dali and they are connected to Wiim AMP and TV in the living room.
Living room is 30 m^2.
listening distance 3-5m
Source is from streaming(Tidal) and TV. Good to have 24bit 192khz but not sure if it is real difference between CD quality 16/44
I am not listening loud, max 50% of volume i guess. I want to have a AMP with streaming or + WIIM and amp also connected to TV to watch movies.
Your living room size and listening distance is certainly towards the upper end of what's sensible for the WiiM Amp, but the same is true for your still rather small speakers. But since you already have a subwoofer (and the WiiM can fully offload the bass duties from your speakers to that sub) it will certainly work out.

Summary:
Don't underestimate the WiiM Amp! I'm using it with a pair of KEF LS50 (about the same price range as the Dalis when they were new) and I don't think that this is a mismatch. I cannot and will not primise you that you cannot find a better sounding streamer and amp for 700 EUR than the WiiM Amp for 370 EUR. But how likely is it you will find that magic combination just by chance?

Last edited:
I see and I understand, this part in particular. :)

You nailed it, there are countless plus 3 possibilities ... and shooting in the dark will get you nowhere. Listening to other's advice is also pretty pointless (including my own advice, of course ;) ). Few people will have heard the exact combination you are asking for. Nobody will have listened to it in your home. You don't know who might or might not have a similar taste as you.

What's left then? A couple of facts. Let's start with the money.
  • CA CXA81 at 700 EUR is out of your budget already, since it doesn't include a streamer. And btw. its DAC (ESS ES9016K2M) is older and lower spec than the WiiM Amp's (ESS ES9018K2M). It's a versatile amplifier with lots of connections for sure, but not even more powerful into 4 ohms than the WiiM Amp. No room correction, no PEQ, no proper sub management ... and it's simply more than you want to spend.
  • CA CXA80 is its predecessor, and there's nothing it can do better than the CXA80, except it's in your budget.
  • The Audiolab 6000A is within budget after adding a streamer and I'm sure it's a very fine amplifier as well (and good looking, too). Fun fact: It features exactly the same DAC as the WiiM Amp, the ES9018K2M. ;) Output power is lower than the WiiM Amp. It has more traditional amplifier features (most of which you have no plans to use, but also no room correction, no PEQ, no proper bass management, no app support. It's an alternative, but there is no guarantee it should be magically better.

Your living room size and listening distance is certainly on at the upper end of what's sensible for the WiiM Amp, but the same is true for your still rather small speakers. But since you already have a subwoofer (and the WiiM can fully offload the bass duties from your speakers to that sub) it will certainly work out.

Summary:
Don't underestimate the WiiM Amp! I'm using it with a pair of KEF LS50 (about the same price range as the Dalis when they were new) and I don't think that this is a mismatch. I cannot and will not primise you that you cannot find a better sounding streamer and amp for 700 EUR than the WiiM Amp for 370 EUR. But how likely is it you will find that magic combination just by chance?
Thank you for the answer!

I will go with audiolab 6000a and wiim pro(which dac is better than in audiolab i guess). Let see how it will sound. If there will be no significant changes, i will stay with wiim amp :)
Also Marantz pm7000n looks like quite promising. I can see now it capable of 24/192 after app update. So I I can buy 2in 1

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer!

I will go with audiolab 6000a and wiim pro(which dac is better than in audiolab i guess). Let see how it will sound. If there will be no significant changes, i will stay with wiim amp :)
Also Marantz pm7000n looks like quite promising. I can see now it capable of 24/192 after app update. So I I can buy 2in 1
Wiim pro? Or pro plus?
Go with the latter if using the wiim dac ;)

maybe pro plus, but I also saw some comments that dac on this level is not that important
Tricky one. Lots of opinions!
For me, the pro's analog output is just not as engaging (duller, flatter are words that come to mind) than any of my other dacs.
As I've posted before, I really doubt I could tell the differences between my other dacs, but the pro just sounds "not as good" to me.
Trouble is, I've not got a pro plus to try it for myself!

Have fun with the new toys.

My current setup is a Wiim Pro + Audiolab 7000a + Wharfedale Evo 4.4 + Kef Kube 12b

-> Sound quality is really good
-> I‘d like to have a high-pass filter on the Evo 4.4 to route more bass to the subwoofer. My Evo 4.4 play as low as ~40Hz so the sub is focused on 20 - 60 Hz right now. I‘d prefer to route 20 - 80 Hz to the subwoofer to further optimize sound quality on the Evo 4.4. Sound quality improvements are expected to be rather low though.
-> I think I will buy a Wiim Ultra to enable HDMI ARC and get the fancy display. My Audiolab 7000a has HDMI ARC but switching channels is no fun and it has a bug killing sound sometimes when switching channels back and forth. The Wiim Auto Sensing feature works much better and leads to a seamless user experience.

If I had to make the purchase decision today I would buy a Wiim Amp instead of the 7000a even though the technical concept of the 7000a is really really nice.

Back