BBC UK stations

simon

Before I buy, could someone in the UK check if BBC 5 Live Sports Extra works.

Thanks!

Just remember that Aunty intends to withdraw Shoutcast streams (128kbps mp3) shortly and push people towards using BBC Sounds. They claim to be "in discussion with manufacturers" but have some track record of unilaterally changing the goalposts without due regard for consumers using Internet radio devices to listen. They did this when they introduced HLS/Dash.
You can however use the BBC Sounds app on your phone and stream it via AirPlay to your WiiM or use your WiiM with LMS, the UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin and the BBC Sounds plugin.
R5Live Extra is available via BBC Sounds.

Just remember that Aunty intends to withdraw Shoutcast streams (128kbps mp3) shortly and push people towards using BBC Sounds. They claim to be "in discussion with manufacturers" but have some track record of unilaterally changing the goalposts without due regard for consumers using Internet radio devices to listen. They did this when they introduced HLS/Dash.
You can however use the BBC Sounds app on your phone and stream it via AirPlay to your WiiM or use your WiiM with LMS, the UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin and the BBC Sounds plugin.
R5Live Extra is available via BBC Sounds.
But that’s not impacting the HLS streams I posted above, is it?

No. It doesn't affect HLS/Dash but that is not to say that the end game isn't BBC Sounds only. They certainly want to know who is listening which isn't currently possible without BBC Sounds.

No. It doesn't affect HLS/Dash but that is not to say that the end game isn't BBC Sounds only. They certainly want to know who is listening which isn't currently possible without BBC Sounds.

Yeah, but there are enough exceptions to that after the TuneIn debacle (including Sonos, Linn, maybe Naim etc) that I don't see that door closing soon

Thanks for all the replies. I currently have an Audio Pro speaker in the kitchen that uses a similar app. It doesn't have the 'Open Network Stream' option, and the BBC UK streams don't work in vTuner>UK>BBC. Good to know there's a way to listen to 5x.

Unfortunately I can’t help you except to say that the BBC Sounds plugin in LMS works perfectly for me.
Mini & Pro connected to LMS via UPnP/DLNA Bridge

Back