Bluetooth connection with Harmon Kardon Aura Studio 1 ?

Immelmann

Unable to establish bluetooth connection between WiiM Pro Plus (and also WiiM amp) with a Harmon Kardon Aura Studio 1 speaker. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe the bluetooth specifications are incompatible (though speaker connects easily with ipads of all vintages). So, while Bluetooth is neat I may have to resort to an optic cable. Any advice would be appreciated - THANKS.

Welcome.
I think the Harmon Kardon Aura Studio 1 is Bluetooth version 3.
Versions 4 and 5 are compatible. However, it cannot be connected to devices with version 3 or earlier. WiiM devices are Bluetooth 5, so they can't connect to Bluetooth 3 devices.

Welcome.
I think the Harmon Kardon Aura Studio 1 is Bluetooth version 3.
Versions 4 and 5 are compatible. However, it cannot be connected to devices with version 3 or earlier. WiiM devices are Bluetooth 5, so they can't connect to Bluetooth 3 devices.
I just noticed this old post. My Denon Envaya Mini is Bluetooth version 3 and connects to the WiiM amp with no issues.

No, it's the DSB100. I had to look through my Amazon orders as you can't tell from looking at the device.
It does actually have the name on the bottom of the speaker. Written in black on a black background 🤣
Sorry, my source may have been wrong.😔

I did a little research and it seems that Bluetooth version has nothing to do with compatibility, it depends on the communication method (class) and profiles supported.

The BLE added in v4 is a standard that is not in v3, so normally v4 and v3 are not compatible. However, if the v4 device also supports the older communication method, communication is possible.

It is also possible that the Bluetooth chip in the WiiM amp may be different from other WiiM devices.

Forgive me for my ignorance.😭

Sorry, my source may have been wrong.😔

I did a little research and it seems that Bluetooth version has nothing to do with compatibility, it depends on the communication method (class) and profiles supported.

The BLE added in v4 is a standard that is not in v3, so normally v4 and v3 are not compatible. However, if the v4 device also supports the older communication method, communication is possible.

It is also possible that the Bluetooth chip in the WiiM amp may be different from other WiiM devices.

Forgive me for my ignorance.😭
I only tried connecting it after reading another thread reporting problems connecting to WiiM Bluetooth 😀

Back