Cannot connect Qobuz Mac desktop app to Wiim Pro Plus

ZoydWheeler

hi all
For the life of me, I cannot connect Qobuz Mac desktop app to Wiim Pro Plus. I just get this error message. Anybody figured this out?
cheers,
Adam

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 09.19.06.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 09.19.06.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
thank you - but I'm still a little confused... I think the issue is somehow connected to Chromecast. I've never used Chromecast, no actual idea what it is and why Qobuz seems to be trying to connect to it... sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but for now I'm going to just use Qobuz from within the Wiim Home app on my phone, as that seems to work fine. But it would be nice to also be able to connect Qobuz's apps directly to get hi-res music on the Wiim Pro Plus (ie not connect via Airplay, which doesn't allow the hi-res streams). ta for any help you might be able to offer!

thank you - but I'm still a little confused... I think the issue is somehow connected to Chromecast. I've never used Chromecast, no actual idea what it is and why Qobuz seems to be trying to connect to it... sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but for now I'm going to just use Qobuz from within the Wiim Home app on my phone, as that seems to work fine. But it would be nice to also be able to connect Qobuz's apps directly to get hi-res music on the Wiim Pro Plus (ie not connect via Airplay, which doesn't allow the hi-res streams). ta for any help you might be able to offer!
Q Connect is for very long work in progress from Q. No WiiMs fault.

Qobuz doesn’t (yet) have a native casting mechanism like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect or Amazon Music AlexaCast. Qobuz Connect is in active development and latest rumours suggest it might see the light of day at the upcoming Munich show in May.

Chromecast is a casting protocol developed by Google initially for their ChromeCast audio devices, but has been used by apps which don’t have their own casting feature. To enable it for use with your Pro Plus , go into the WiiM Home app and choose the Pro Plus settings cog. On the settings page, down under Voice, you’ll see an entry for ChromeCast Audio. Select that and then “enable” on the next page. Although it’s not essential, you can use the Google Home app on iOS (don’t know about MacOS) to check that your WiiM device now appears as a Google/Chromecast device.

After enabling ChromeCast in the WiiM Home app you should be able to cast from the Qobuz app, hopefully without the error. Note however that Qobuz cap the resolution at 24/96 over ChromeCast (and it isn’t gapless) but that’s infinitely better than airplay which is only 16/44.1 and requires the Qobuz stream to travel from the cloud thru your Pc and then to the WiiM - Chromecast goes direct to the WiiM.

Last edited:
Back