Chromecast via Audirvana getting 24/96khz on a 192Khz file

ceefax

So I'm wondering if theres something not quite right with my setup or its expected.

I have a macmini acting as a database with Audirvana. Audirvana is set to the wiim via chromecast, then via optical out to a modi+.
It only plays through the wiim at 96khz. However if I use upnp it plays the full 192khz. EQ is off. Is this expected or is something lightly wrong. Sounds exactly the same to me I'm just wondering. Playing through upnp with audirvana just breaks all the time for me so is not an option. I'm guessing its audirvana not being able to chromecast at 92 being the limiting factor

Last edited:
Sounds like Audirvana is behaving like Qobuz in that it caps ChromeCast even though the WiiM Pro can support ChromeCast up to 24/192 as I was doing this afternoon from BubbleUPNP to a grouped WiiM Pro and Pro Plus.

So I'm wondering if theres something not quite right with my setup or its expected.

I have a macmini acting as a database with Audirvana. Audirvana is set to the wiim via chromecast, then via optical out to a modi+.
It only plays through the wiim at 96khz. However if I use upnp it plays the full 192khz. EQ is off. Is this expected or is something lightly wrong. Sounds exactly the same to me I'm just wondering. Playing through upnp with audirvana just breaks all the time for me so is not an option. I'm guessing its audirvana not being able to chromecast at 92 being the limiting factor
My audiolab q dac would take 192 tracks down to 96 when using optical.
Bought the pro and used coax out and bingo 192z

Back