Deezer options are sparse

castalla

Major Contributor
The Deezer api has the basics. A notable omission is Recently Played option.

Who is responsible for api implementation, the service provider or Wiim?

The Deezer api has the basics. A notable omission is Recently Played option.

Who is responsible for api implementation, the service provider or Wiim?
Most hardware mfg's (including WiiM) provide Deezer via the Airable API

Interesting. So, it's Wiim who create the service menus? It would be relatively simple to draw on the api functions and add in a Recently Played feature.

i still want sort by date feature in favorite albums...original deezer app have it for some time...

I think third parties like WiiM tend to rely on what the API does for them and to minimise any other structures round around that which might require them to have bespoke development around each suppliers API, particularly when there are mechanisms like Connect (admittedly not for Deezer) or ChromeCast which expose the full features of the native app.

I must admit I’m in the camp that will use the native (or equivalent) app in preference as I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect a third party app like WiiM Home to be a universal app that offers the same functionality as the native apps do across all supported services.

One feature in the app which I'd like to see in the api is the Live Radio choice. I like being able to play a live stream within the app as well as podcasts and music streams. For example, pick up the latest news on the hour when playing a long playlist.

One feature in the app which I'd like to see in the api is the Live Radio choice. I like being able to play a live stream within the app as well as podcasts and music streams. For example, pick up the latest news on the hour when playing a long playlist.
In cases like that, is there a reason you wouldn’t use ChromeCast from the Deezer app?

I've just discovered that, for Germany, Austria and the Netherlands, Deezer now offers Audiobooks.
So, Deezer offers music, live radio, podcasts, audiobooks - if they added music videos (as Tidal does) they'd pretty much have a cloud based media server. If only they could sort out their version of Connect!

Seems Radio France is the latest to ditch TuneIn. However, France Inter plays nicely via Deezer.
The Wiim implementation of Deezer could really benefit from an overhaul😀.

I would also greatly appreciate better albums and playlists management for Deezer in the Wiim app such as sorting option by date, name etc. Qobuz for example is much better implemented.

Seems Radio France is the latest to ditch TuneIn. However, France Inter plays nicely via Deezer.
The Wiim implementation of Deezer could really benefit from an overhaul😀.
TuneIn has started geo-blocking some content. We used to have TuneIn on constant play with a UK radio station that everyone in the family liked as background noise. The house felt dreary without it.

After a bit of searching, I found a direct stream and we have stopped using TuneIn.

TuneIn has started geo-blocking some content. We used to have TuneIn on constant play with a UK radio station that everyone in the family liked as background noise. The house felt dreary without it.

After a bit of searching, I found a direct stream and we have stopped using TuneIn.
You probably would get the same station by using vtuner.

You probably would get the same station by using vtuner.
Thanks. I do have vtuner enabled, but it seems flakey. It sometimes works, but often clicking on a menu item does nothing at all. So, I've never used it much. I wish it worked better.

Back