Double CD not playing in correct order

UweM

Hello,
I noticed that any albums which consist of more than one CD are not playing in the correct order. First is played the first track from the first CD and than the first track from the second CD (followed by the first track from the third CD ... ). After that the second tracks are played. It worked before, I think.
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm playing my music from a Volumio DNLA server. The files are in the correct order on the disk.

Best regards,
Uwe

Sorting artist names by the last name is nonsense anyway, because they mostly are, well, artist names and not real names. When I want to listen to David Bowie then I don't think of Mr. Bowie, David, but David Bowie, which by the way is not a real name but a artist name and therefore a fixed expression. I always thought, especially in stores, that this kind of sorting is ridiculous and just proves that those people there don't know what they do.
I'm sure there are lots of reasons why it became a filing standard, but I think the job of the store staff is to put products where customers will find them, so I don't think there's anything ridiculous about that.

Hello,
with the latest Update of the Wiim app, the wrong ordering of the titles was fixed. I works now on multi disc albums.
I doubt that it was because of my ticket since I got no reaction on it, so far.

I wasn't intending to start a debate as I recognise that there are two probably equally valid approaches. Both have pros and cons.
My CD and LP collections are stored by surname or band name, while my favourite local record shop (in the days we had such) stored its albums by forename which confused and must be said slightly infuriated me…

Hello,
with the latest Update of the Wiim app, the wrong ordering of the titles was fixed. I works now on multi disc albums.
I doubt that it was because of my ticket since I got no reaction on it, so far.
Thanks for that.

My iOS devices do not auto-update my apps, and I had not yet gotten the alert that an update to WiiM Home was available, but searching for the App in the App Store did reveal that an update was available. The problem is now solved.

I have app version 2.4.1.23030314 - there doesn't appear to be any further update available.
I have put a multi disc album on 3 different UPnP servers as a test and all three are still wrong!?
What is the latest iOS app version?

I have app version 2.4.1.23030314 - there doesn't appear to be any further update available.
I have put a multi disc album on 3 different UPnP servers as a test and all three are still wrong!?
What is the latest iOS app version?

After searching "WiiM" on the App Store, it shows a list of apps. I had to then select the WiiM Home app to open its details to see that there was an Update.

After searching "WiiM" on the App Store, it shows a list of apps. I had to then select the WiiM Home app to open its details to see that there was an Update.
I can't see any update via that route. Where are you located geographically? It could be it is released where you are but not here in UK yet.

I can't see any update via that route. Where are you located geographically? It could be it is released where you are but not here in UK yet.
USA.

I would reach out to WiiM. I just saw another thread where they sent a user a Beta that fixed an issue in the new release that was supposed to be corrected but was not. Maybe they can send you a direct link.

I got an official answer to my ticket:
"We will release a new Android app(Version 2.4.3) in a few days that would not change the order of any albums. Please help to check if your issue still persists with the new app. "

I'm going to choose to interpret that as they'll honor the incoming order, which is good as I thought they'd just add discnumber to the sort.

EDIT: I've just checked and they're not even sent discnumber (at least from MinimServer) so it looks promising.

Last edited:
I've just had the Android update, and it seems it has fixed the track order.

TrackList.jpg
The order should be that of the last number in the track title, and it is, so that's fixed (there's no way for WiiM to know this order from the xml being sent so they must be displaying this as is).

They aren't displaying containers in the correct order though.
Containers.jpg
In this example the '>> YYYY-YYYY' are DiscSubtitles (one per disc), and each one is actually being sent before the first track of each disc, but here they're all appearing at the top, which isn't great, but I doubt most people/servers make use of these anyway.

Unless I'm mistaken they've also introduced Artist information. This will likely depend on the media server being used (the ordering of the xml tags), but for me it was pulling in what amounted to AlbumArtist (by either using the first '<upnp:artist>' or '<dc:creator>'), which wasn't particularly helpful (although better than nothing), but in MinimServer you're able to configure this so I was able to force TrackArtist in all xml tags so it had no choice but to display the correct one!

TrackArtist.jpg

I guess at least they've spent some time on the UPnP side of things so that's a good sign for those - still stubbornly - using the WiiM app ;)

A new issue was introduced though. I agree track order seems to be fixed now, but now when I browse folders from my music server (foobar2000) and want to see ALL tracks from an artist, it would only show some (I guess like 100 or so). Before it would show really ALL tracks, even if it's a thousand (like in my Bob Dylan collection). Now it just stops loading at some point. Not quite satisfying.

Back