Ethernet Problems *Solved*

Maximus_Pain

Hello,

I setup my WiiM Pro with wifi.

I'm trying to connect it via ethernet to get a better signal.

Whenever I connect the ethernet cable I loose the ability to control the WiiM Pro with my phone.

If I reboot the WiiM Pro with the ethenet cable connected the WiiM is not found. To regain control of the WiiM I must disconnect the ethernet cable.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

How do I swap over from streaming over wifi to an ethernet connection and still have the ability to control the WiiM with my phone?

Thank you!

Sounds like your phone and the WiiM Pro are not in the same network or there is some security option in your router that prevents the connection between these two devices. I don't have a WiiM, but I guess it creates it's own Wifi for inital setup, so that's why it works.
Just an idea...

Do you have a VPN? When I first set my WiiM Pro up via ethernet, the app would not see the WiiM Pro until I turned off the VPN and rebooted both the WiiM Pro and Android phone. After that, the app saw the Pro immediately. After successful setup, I turned the VPN back on with no issue.

Could it be that you're using a modem/router combination from your ISP, but have a different wifi access point or a mesh system connected to it? In such case for example, when the WiiM is connected to the first router, but wireless devices are connected to the mesh system, they would be in 2 different networks.

Could it be that you're using a modem/router combination from your ISP, but have a different wifi access point or a mesh system connected to it? In such case for example, when the WiiM is connected to the first router, but wireless devices are connected to the mesh system, they would be in 2 different networThis is exactly the scenario I have. Is the ISP router
Could it be that you're using a modem/router combination from your ISP, but have a different wifi access point or a mesh system connected to it? In such case for example, when the WiiM is connected to the first router, but wireless devices are connected to the mesh system, they would be in 2 different networks.
This could be my issue. My WiFi mesh is Ethernet connected into the ISP router as is the Pro. Is there a way to overcome this that doesn’t require me to Ethernet the Pro into the Mesh network? (Would require some awkward cabling) Is it a firewall issue or simply that they are different networks?

This could be my issue. My WiFi mesh is Ethernet connected into the ISP router as is the Pro. Is there a way to overcome this that doesn’t require me to Ethernet the Pro into the Mesh network? (Would require some awkward cabling) Is it a firewall issue or simply that they are different networks?
Are you having issues with the mesh signal? Ethernet is nice but certainly not a must have.

The room the Pro is in is problematic with more or less all devices, signal seems to go down at times but the Pro hasn’t dropped a beat yet. So I can certainly live with it. Just wondered if there is a firewall setting somewhere that can help.

Are you using DHCP?
If yes does your ISP router provide DHCP?
If yes is your Mesh network configured/can be configured to use the DHCP service of your ISP router?

The room the Pro is in is problematic with more or less all devices, signal seems to go down at times but the Pro hasn’t dropped a beat yet. So I can certainly live with it. Just wondered if there is a firewall setting somewhere that can help.
Fully get this - the need to tinker - I'm of the generation that spent hours and hours messing with 386 to the Max & Quarterdeck’s QEMM memory manager in search of that elusive .004 second speed boost a well-managed upper (expanded) memory could (allegedly) deliver. So our messing around today to improve sound is … In theme

Back