Firmware 4.6.521630 released

4.6.521630 (Latest)

Release date:

6 / 30 / 2023

This update includes:

• Fixed – Rare random crash issue for Spotify Connect.
  • Fixed - Pop noise when changing tracks with different endian (Little or big-endian).
  • Fixed - Unable to mute when using BT Source Mode.
  • Fixed - Auto-sensing doesn't work in rare cases.
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements

I did not get it. Wiim app does not remember two clicks down volume . It seems to go by itself 3 clicks down from max and settle there.

As frequently mentioned, firmware rollouts are done in batches over several days, so please be patient.

Re your issue, I don't see anything in the above list that mentions that. Have you submitted a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs after this issue occurs?

I know that it comes in batches . I just report that I did not get it yet . Yes two times with tickets .

So my request is to set volume and forget without wiim changing it by itself one click lower. Ideally I would like to show the dbs in each step .

Just installed in Perth Australia

Panicked as after the flash the app could not find it again. Had to power down twice but all good now. I've only had the Mini for 3 days now and I'm tempted to get the Pro for my main system. The Mini is in my second system in the dining room!

Was made available here in San Francisco yesterday late afternoon. Since I was using my Pro it didn’t download automatically but instead there was a “new” badge in Speaker Info next to the firmware number. Download and restart was quick, maybe 10 minutes. Currently enjoying with Roon!

Is everyone happy with the sound of this update? Something seems off, in the highs. Perhaps someone could measure tge digital stream and see what’s going on. My observation pertains to the Mini. Have not checked the update on the Pro yet.

Can you run your analysis soon software and certify a bit perfect stream.

I ran some quick tests, including those towards bit perfection, and I didn't encounter any problem. Maybe I miss something important here therefore I need more details.

Probably ok then. There’s always placebo effect at play. If I convince myself my impression is valid I will let you know. Thanks!

Upon further testing it's all good.

(Edited)

Last edited:
Back