Firmware v 4.6.514253

4.6.514253 (Latest)

Release date:

4 / 18 / 2023

This update involves the following:

• New Feature - Support dynamic track metadata information for Radio Paradise
  • New Feature - Support input source switch via Alexa
  • Improvement – Always connect to the latest one if the device has been paired with multiple Wi-Fi networks
  • Fixed - Unable to play music after playing an ad for Amazon Music Free
  • Fixed - Random crash issues for AirPlay 2 and TIDAL Connect
  • Fixed - Random crash issues for Amazon Alexa multi-room
  • Fixed - No sound issue with LinkPlay multiroom when using Bluetooth input
  • Fixed - Unable to play specific radio stations from TuneIn
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements

I just opened the wiim app to check what version my mini was on, and I saw the dreaded 'cannot be found' message.
Fortunately, it just so happened it was updating to this version at that very moment.
Phew.

After the update, there seems to be a bug.

As shown in the image

When you play music on the Pro, the Mini also plays the same song. Actually, the mini is not playing anything in standby.

Screenshot_2023-04-20-16-57-47-535_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Sorry. Cured.

After the update, the Mini switched the input from Wi-Fi to Bluetooth and connected to my smartphone via Bluetooth without permission. I manually switched the input to Wi-Fi.

No, I think they’re still concentrating on bug fixes and not releasing significant new features, although a statement from them on them on the state of play would be helpful.
Especially considering this statement

"Consequently, purchases should not be based on what is listed on the roadmap."

and the comparison screen

1681979910511.png

And again no fix for upnp servers.
Have they even acknowledged the problem with the KODI/LibreELEC servers?
From memory you said you've had a bunch of LinkPlay devices for a while, how are you currently using them?

Especially considering this statement

"Consequently, purchases should not be based on what is listed on the roadmap."

and the comparison screen

View attachment 742
does not even seem to have the resource to settle for months the simple eq mode ... so a peq mode ( announced at christmas)..😒
(and roon...left for certification at the beginning of January...."4 or 5 weeks")

does not even seem to have the resource to settle for months the simple eq mode ... so a peq mode ....😒
(and roon...left for certification at the beginning of January...."4 or 5 weeks")
You do realise that certification of Roon is largely out of their hands, don’t you?

You do realise that certification of Roon is largely out of their hands, don’t you?
wiim support no longer intervenes on their own forum.. so it will be difficult to find out more... where are the difficulties...
maybe roon company them can say more....(?)

already if the eq mode ( not peq) could be set .. would be good ...
modest action...
No?
;-)

Have they even acknowledged the problem with the KODI/LibreELEC servers?
From memory you said you've had a bunch of LinkPlay devices for a while, how are you currently using them?
Yes, they know about problem,i send them ticket and i have replay from them also and they say stay tune we will fix the problem,i installed Miniupnp addon for Kodi and i use them that way but i must first configure one file with Pc with Notepad++ and put correct name of the Hard disks with correct path and when i have power outage problems starts, server always start before hdd and my server are empty and i must disable and enable again,also sometimes the path is different and i must fix the file again, native server from Kodi no have this kind of problems,imagine if i now connect new hard disk or usb stick,i must start all over again with miniupnp server file instead to be visible instantly.

I also wanna ask you do you think this empty space problem with servers is App related or device related?is it App needs to fix to send the correct names, or device must accept the file name with spaces and correct the file?Thanks

Yes, they know about problem,i send them ticket and i have replay from them also and they say stay tune we will fix the problem,i installed Miniupnp addon for Kodi and i use them that way but i must first configure one file with Pc with Notepad++ and put correct name of the Hard disks with correct path and when i have power outage problems starts, server always start before hdd and my server are empty and i must disable and enable again,also sometimes the path is different and i must fix the file again, native server from Kodi no have this kind of problems,imagine if i now connect new hard disk or usb stick,i must start all over again with miniupnp server file instead to be visible instantly.
If they said that they've replicated the issue then that's a start I suppose!

Looks like you're jumping through hoops there. Did you ever try proxying Kodi with BubbleUPnP Server and then use BubbleUPnP (or another alternative) control point?

Back