WiiM Pro: Squeezelite Client Beta - Testing Experience

Brantome

Please use this thread only to discuss your personal experience with the testing of the Squeezelite Client feature and the beta firmware you requested. This thread should not replace submitting tickets as that route provides WiiM support with the necessary device and app logs to diagnose and hopefully fix any issues.

From what WiiM have already posted:

"We appreciate your ongoing participation as a Beta tester.

If you encounter any issues during the update process or while using this function, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your continued support and contribution to our Beta testing program!"

** 4.8.526553 Squeezelite beta FW released 18Aug23 **

[Latest update on Squeezelite development, 24Aug23]

Dear Team,

I am happy to inform you that we have fixed all reported issues by our Beta users and will release Beta 2 later today. It includes the following fixes:
  • Unable to do source switching between squeezelite and CAST
  • Incorrect metadata display for squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect playback status for Squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect sample rate for squeezelite
Thank you all once again for your invaluable feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
FW 4.8.527256 released.
Tested and the issues I reported appear to be fixed.

**FIXED** Issue: stopping playback in LMS (material skin) still shows as playing in the Wiim app. The progress bar is in a loop repeating from 00:00 to 00:04 and the Wiim pro will not go into standby.

@WiiM Support
Possibly a bit late to mention this but I have 3 LMS servers in my network for various reasons. I have found that overnight the WiiM Pro drifts away from my main server. No big deal but Squeezelite can be told to connect to a given server by IP rather than use discovery using the -s: switch.
IF you plan on any config options inside WHA can you add this option?

@WiiM Support
Possibly a bit late to mention this but I have 3 LMS servers in my network for various reasons. I have found that overnight the WiiM Pro drifts away from my main server. No big deal but Squeezelite can be told to connect to a given server by IP rather than use discovery using the -s: switch.
IF you plan on any config options inside WHA can you add this option?
Squeezelite client can be exclusively connected to only one LMS instance?

Hi,

I am still unclear as to exactly the functionality that is/will be delivered via this Squeezelite enhancement.
My Wiim Pro is part of the Beta test and I have the 4.8.527256 firmware installed
If I open 'Home Music Share' I can see my LMS server and when I navigate to it I can see the expected category tree = Artists, Albums, ... , New Music etc.
When this was announced I was hoping that there would be functionality to select from the Squeezelite players on my network as an output but I'm not seeing how to do that.
Does this enhancement just allow you to initiate playback from your LMS server using WHA ?
This was already possible accessing LMS as a UPnP/DLNA server so is the the difference just that access uses the SlimProto protocol ?

Thanks

This enhancement is to have WiiM visible for LMS as the native streaming target, with all the advantages of it and without issues which can be faced when WiiM is operated via UPnP bridge for example.

I've not met any serious issues with UPnP bridge but thanks for clarifying.
Reading other comments I thought I might have missed something.

Thanks

I've not met any serious issues with UPnP bridge but thanks for clarifying.
Reading other comments I thought I might have missed something.

Thanks
I can only envy you such good experiences. UPnP bridge currently works quite good with WiiMs but wasn't like that in the past. And there are still cases when it works incorrectly, while there are no issues over squeezelite.

Hi,

I am still unclear as to exactly the functionality that is/will be delivered via this Squeezelite enhancement.
My Wiim Pro is part of the Beta test and I have the 4.8.527256 firmware installed
If I open 'Home Music Share' I can see my LMS server and when I navigate to it I can see the expected category tree = Artists, Albums, ... , New Music etc.
When this was announced I was hoping that there would be functionality to select from the Squeezelite players on my network as an output but I'm not seeing how to do that.
Does this enhancement just allow you to initiate playback from your LMS server using WHA ?
This was already possible accessing LMS as a UPnP/DLNA server so is the the difference just that access uses the SlimProto protocol ?

Thanks
Post in thread 'WiiM Pro: Squeezelite Client Beta - Testing Experience'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...lient-beta-testing-experience.1296/post-19326

If UpnpBridge is working then there are only subtle differences apart from the big one which is synchronisation with other Squeezelite or native sb players

Back