PEQ Beta - Testing Experience

Brantome

Please use this thread only to discuss your personal experience with the testing of the PEQ feature and the beta firmware you requested. This thread should not replace submitting tickets as that route provides WiiM support with the necessary device and app logs to diagnose and hopefully fix any issues.

From what WiiM have already posted:

“For those testing please see the tutorial below
We appreciate your ongoing participation as a Beta tester.

The PEQ firmware will be released early next week.

If you encounter any issues during the update process or while using this function, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your continued support and contribution to our Beta testing program!”

Last edited:
Hi D1N0,

Integration of Squeezelite with PEQ and AirPlay Cast is still pending. We're currently working towards launching the unified PEQ/Squeezelite firmware by August 31st. Stay connected for updates!
Can you give us an insight what is the next feature after peq/airplay? Thanks!

One more test here for clipping behavior. Although all PEQ bands above have a negative gain only assigned, this setup will result in positive gain anyway due to high Q factors on LS/HS filters.

Two sweep files were used below, -3 dBFS and -0.5 dBFS. Both would not clip if PEQ is disabled. When PEQ is enabled, only the first one can provide a sufficient headroom for my PEQ setup:

View attachment 2071

Thank you!

How can we avoid clipping? In Room I am using the headroom feature plus checking for clipping with the clipping indicator feature.

I‘d like to use a 3.8 dB 1.00 Q peak filter and I‘m afraid it could lead to clipping with my wiim pro.

Thank you!

How can we avoid clipping? In Room I am using the headroom feature plus checking for clipping with the clipping indicator feature.

I‘d like to use a 3.8 dB 1.00 Q peak filter and I‘m afraid it could lead to clipping with my wiim pro.
By lowering WiiM volume or by using new limiter feature - each 5% of the limiter has 3 dB attenuation.

I've spent hours getting the regular 10 band EQ near perfect for my Wiim pro plus/bryston bha-1/hd600 combo. Is the new PEQ update going to mess it up? Anybody know what the set Q values are for regular EQ, so I could make it similar?
Thanks for any help.

Hi D1N0,

Integration of Squeezelite with PEQ and AirPlay Cast is still pending. We're currently working towards launching the unified PEQ/Squeezelite firmware by August 31st. Stay connected for updates

for its non-beta version will be with more than 4 bands, limited, this "peq"?
thank you...

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team .

After testing PEQ after a long time, I found two problems.
(V 4.8.526360)

1, The Q value is changed to an abnormal value.
This happens when you move WHA to the background or after saving.

IMG_20230902_121432.jpg

2, When you save a custom EQ in Japanese, it is "??????" will be displayed and you will not be able to delete it. You will probably need to uninstall the app to remove it.

IMG_20230902_121552.jpg

Last edited:
@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team .

After testing PEQ after a long time, I found two problems.
(V 4.8.526360)

1, The Q value is changed to an abnormal value.
This happens when you move WHA to the background or after saving.

View attachment 2385

2, When you save a custom EQ in Japanese, it is "??????" will be displayed and you will not be able to delete it. You will probably need to uninstall the app to remove it.

View attachment 2387
Hi Wiimer,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is actively working on a solution, and we aim to roll out the fix by the end of next week. Please stay tuned for updates!

Back