WiiM Pro: Squeezelite Client Beta - Testing Experience

Brantome

Please use this thread only to discuss your personal experience with the testing of the Squeezelite Client feature and the beta firmware you requested. This thread should not replace submitting tickets as that route provides WiiM support with the necessary device and app logs to diagnose and hopefully fix any issues.

From what WiiM have already posted:

"We appreciate your ongoing participation as a Beta tester.

If you encounter any issues during the update process or while using this function, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your continued support and contribution to our Beta testing program!"

** 4.8.526553 Squeezelite beta FW released 18Aug23 **

[Latest update on Squeezelite development, 24Aug23]

Dear Team,

I am happy to inform you that we have fixed all reported issues by our Beta users and will release Beta 2 later today. It includes the following fixes:
  • Unable to do source switching between squeezelite and CAST
  • Incorrect metadata display for squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect playback status for Squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect sample rate for squeezelite
Thank you all once again for your invaluable feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
WiiM Pro now appears as a target player in LMS, and while the artist and track info appear in the WiiM Home app, there's not album art or stream info like bitrate etc. Might be a reason for a first ticket unless @onlyoneme has beaten me ;)

Now playing it with a variety of sources - well, for a short time before real life intrudes...

WiiM Pro now appears as a target player in LMS, and while the artist and track info appear in the WiiM Home app, there's not album art or stream info like bitrate etc. Might be a reason for a first ticket unless @onlyoneme has beaten me ;)

Now playing it with a variety of sources - well, for a short time before real life intrudes...
What is the firmware no please? Not seen anything here yet

Well, first issue for me, fixed 44.1 sample rate. Is there a way to set the resolution in LMS?

Not in LMS but when you launch Squeezelite from command line you can set maz sample rate. That should be something that shoul be configured in the app along with the choice of output - analogue, optical, coax etc

Not in LMS but when you launch Squeezelite from command line you can set maz sample rate. That should be something that shoul be configured in the app along with the choice of output - analogue, optical, coax etc
Ok, so maybe WiiM Home app support is needed to set it. ATM it's bit-perfect if 44.1 kHz content is played.

Doesn't the player/extra settings/audio/bitrate limiting set to 'no limit' allow uncompressed PCM?

Qobuz selects only CD quality tracks even if hi-res is enabled, so it's probably incorrect max sample rate sent by WiiM as you said already.

Doesn't the player/extra settings/audio/bitrate limiting set to 'no limit' allow uncompressed PCM?
No Limit is the default.

Qobuz selects only CD quality tracks even if hi-res is enabled, so it's probably incorrect max sample rate sent by WiiM as you said already.

I'd imagine so but it should be 192,000 if you are using internal DAC or whatever you have set in app for Optical/Coax. They probably haven't got that sorted yet.

It's all moot for me as I've not got the firmware yet but my first test would be synchronisation. Unfortunately (but logically) if you sync a group of players the sample/bitrate is the lowest of the group - so 16/44.1 until that bit is fixed.

Looks like squeezeelite cannot change the resolution on the WiiM. The one used for previously played content is followed instead.

I was testing AirPlay before and that's why I had 44.1 all the time.

@Brantome

There are some issues when switching between source services, I had to reboot my WiiM to get squeezelite working back.

And resolution switching works for me now.
I think it is fair to say that a typical LMS user (me) won't be changing source services. There is only Amazon on WiiM that isn't catered for in LMS.

I wish I could test this but still no sign of beta fw :(

Back