Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Hi bowser, Team

We're aiming to have Squeezelite support available for the WiiM Pro by 8/31. We're working on the second Beta, which will help us iron out a few remaining bugs over the next few days. Please stay tuned!
Hello, I have to ask…would Squeezelite ever come to the Mini, or will it only be a Pro feature?

Hi starro4,

Absolutely, you've got it right! With the latest firmware update, you can indeed connect your turntable to the WiiM Pro using an RCA connection. Then, you can seamlessly stream the audio from your turntable to your KEF LSX speakers via AirPlay 2. This allows you to enjoy your vinyl collection throughout your space with the convenience of AirPlay 2 compatibility.

Feel free to give it a try, and if you have any more questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. Happy listening!
Please tell me if I have two Apple HomePod devices and they are connected in a stereo pair. Will they continue to play stereo if I send them audio from ViiM Pro via Airplay 2 and a player connected via PCA?

The form is no longer working, but I'd really like to get that PEQ. It's the entire reason I went with the WIIM, because it was coming in /december

While I surely appreciate the whole package, my motivation to buy a Wiim product would be 99% to use it as a squeezelite client.

As such, I have to ask: squeezelite coming to WiiM Mini what sort of timeframe would require? If it's weeks before you can tell with certainty if it's coming or not, I might wait. Otherwise (if it's months, say), I might opt for a Pro, much as it would irk me to spend more money on a product I would not, for the most part, use to its fullest (since I would anyway connect it through optical).

Squeezelite is out of beta for WiiM Pro, correct?

While I surely appreciate the whole package, my motivation to buy a Wiim product would be 99% to use it as a squeezelite client.

As such, I have to ask: squeezelite coming to WiiM Mini what sort of timeframe would require? If it's weeks before you can tell with certainty if it's coming or not, I might wait. Otherwise (if it's months, say), I might opt for a Pro, much as it would irk me to spend more money on a product I would not, for the most part, use to its fullest (since I would anyway connect it through optical).

See post #70 on the 8/31 thread for the disappointing (though maybe not wholly surprising) news regarding Squeezelite on the WiiM Mini.

On old Raspberry Pi plus a optical out audio
HAT might be the best option for you. You probably get it all for around £50.

See post #70 on the 8/31 thread for the disappointing (though maybe not wholly surprising) news regarding Squeezelite on the WiiM Mini.
Ehrm... 8/31 thread... On mobile it does not show thread creation date. Maybe on desktop? I will check. Thanks.

Ehrm... 8/31 thread... On mobile it does not show thread creation date. Maybe on desktop? I will check. Thanks.

Basically, don't count on squeezelite coming to the mini, seems they may not be able to squeeze it in...

Edit - strange, the text I see in this post for the link is not the text I see when I use the link.
It's the text from the post at the top of the linked post's page.

Last edited:
Hi friends. I got today the new firmware which includes squeezelites. It works well but the volume Is really low compared with other sources like qobuz streaming (i think about 30% lower).
In LMS i set the volume 100% fix to have bit perfect. Is there a setting that i have to manage? Or Is It correct?
Some months ago i used a Raspberry with squeezelite and i dont Remember a lower volume...

Solved by a wiim factory reset

Last edited:
Or
Or sister product DAC32
Thanks to everybody for help and suggestions. I thought 8/31 referred to a date and not to a title :)

I own a DAC32 and yes, Digi32 could be a good alternative. WiiM piqued my curiosity because it would be easier to use for people not into LMS.

On this, I have a question: if a user does not want to use LMS, say she prefers Spotify Connect, can they use that with WiiM Pro still ready to get called as a Squeezelite endpoint if a different user prefers that?

Last edited:
Thanks to everybody for help and suggestions. I thought 8/31 referred to a date and not to a title :)

I own a DAC32 and yes, Digi32 could be a good alternative. WiiM piqued my curiosity because it would be easier to use for people not into LMS.

On this, I have a question: if a user does not want to use LMS, say she prefer Spotify Connect, can they use that with WiiM Pro still ready to get called as a Squeezelite endpoint if a different user prefer that?
Yes.
I have been testing using WiiM Pro as an Alexacast speaker and also with LMS. As long as Squeezelite isn’t actually playing you can use WHA or Alexa to control the device and vice versa.

Yes.
I have been testing using WiiM Pro as an Alexacast speaker and also with LMS. As long as Squeezelite isn’t actually playing you can use WHA or Alexa to control the device and vice versa.
Thanks for the feedback. This is quite a useful feature to have, especially in "mixed" tech-savyness scenarios.

Back