Beta Test: Room Correction for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp

Just found out chatgpt can cacluare peq values with a measurement graph. Cant wait to have 8 bands! I will just use my newly purchased umki1 and ask chatgpt to do RC!
How do you input a graph to chatgpt?

Let’s say I have the Dayton imm6 3.5mm and the 3.5mm to usb c Apple adapter . I have downloaded the text cal file . Am I ok to use the room correction of Wiim with Dayton or it is better to use the internal mic of my iPhone 15 for room correction after first taking out the case from the iPhone ? Which will provide better results ?

Let’s say I have the Dayton imm6 3.5mm and the 3.5mm to usb c Apple adapter . I have downloaded the text cal file . Am I ok to use the room correction of Wiim with Dayton or it is better to use the internal mic of my iPhone 15 for room correction after first taking out the case from the iPhone ? Which will provide better results ?
If you connect a USB adapter to the IMM-6, the measured value may change. When I tested with the 3.5mm to USB-C cable on Android, the results made a big difference.

Also, I don't think the WiiM app can calibrate the mic. You need to install the AudioTools app to calibrate the mic and examine the error of the measurements with or without the adapter.

If you connect a USB adapter to the IMM-6, the measured value may change. When I tested with the 3.5mm to USB-C cable on Android, the results made a big difference.

Also, I don't think the WiiM app can calibrate the mic. You need to install the AudioTools app to calibrate the mic and examine the error of the measurements with or without the adapter.

Are you saying the Apple adapter changes the response ? In their site they recommended using this adapter for use with iPhone . What was the purpose of the text cal from their site according to the serial ?

So in essence you say that I need to buy the usb c version for accurate results or use the iPhone’s mic ?

Are you saying the Apple adapter changes the response ? In their site they recommended using this adapter for use with iPhone . What was the purpose of the text cal from their site according to the serial ?

So in essence you say that I need to buy the usb c version for accurate results or use the iPhone’s mic ?
No, it's not. I'm just saying that there was an error on my Android.

If possible, I think it's better to compare the measurements. 🙂

Yeah, WiiM RC currently has no provision to calibrate an external mic, so you’d need to use another app for RC if you wished to do so then manually enter the PEQ values into the WiiM app

How you guys perform the correction by pointing the mic on yourself, between the two speakers or facing up? I get different result on each direction.

I would recommend that Wiim introduces a step by step measurement guide when you engage the room correction . Say for example point the smartphone this way and take measurements from point a b c etc in order for the algorithm to not rely on a single measurement hence making the sample of measurements more reliable before producing the end result . That should be done before the public release of the new firmware .

I wonder...if full Room Correction can't be implemented on the WiiM Mini, can at least room measurement be implemented on the app, and the results uploaded to a page on the WiiM website, where recommendations are then listed (these being the same as the automatic correction), so users can manually input thee themselves?

Sorry, just a thought.

I wonder...if full Room Correction can't be implemented on the WiiM Mini, can at least room measurement be implemented on the app, and the results uploaded to a page on the WiiM website, where recommendations are then listed (these being the same as the automatic correction), so users can manually input thee themselves?

Sorry, just a thought.
I’d imagine the other way round might work I.e. measure elsewhere (on your upcoming Ultra or using the HouseCurve app) then input the values on the Mini, depending on how many PEQ bands they manage to squeeze in.

The room correction run twice with new app but not complete on second run. It also open the text app as well. Does anyone have this issue?

Not entirely sure what’s going on here but the latest update on the iOS app arrived earlier today and it has decided to call itself ‘Room Correction’. No options for room corrections in the app though. WiiM Pro v.4.8.612733 App v.2.9.3

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Not entirely sure what’s going on here but the latest update on the iOS app arrived earlier today and it has decided to call itself ‘Room Correction’. No options for room corrections in the app though. WiiM Pro v.4.8.612733
I got same thing wiim became room correction name. This is a bug.

Not entirely sure what’s going on here but the latest update on the iOS app arrived earlier today and it has decided to call itself ‘Room Correction’. No options for room corrections in the app though. WiiM Pro v.4.8.612733 App v.2.9.3
If you don’t have the room correction beta firmware, you’ll not see it in the app. Please raise a ticket to WiiM to let them know about this mislabeling of the app.

If you don’t have the room correction beta firmware, you’ll not see it in the app. Please raise a ticket to WiiM to let them know about this mislabeling of the app.
Yeah, I have this show up on my Mac install of the software. Imagine my excitement that it was released only to find out a mislabel. DOH!

Looking forward to the final product.

Back