Beta Test: Room Correction for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp

Switching RC on/off while listening to music makes a very subtle difference, at best - perhaps a bit "fuller" with it on. MUCH less obvious than with pink noise, because it's linearly progressing, non-repetitive music, unlike the continuous pink noise.

Some very crude measurements using pink noise, an iPhone and the old (but free) Dynaudio Sound Meter app. Hand held the iPhone, with mics at ear level listening position, about 60 dB spl. Hardly a scientific test, but difference, especially in the critical midrange, can be seen.

RC off.
IMG_2021.png

B&K RC on.
IMG_2020.png

Pink noise into speakers (RC off)

IMG_2022.jpeg

@WiiM Support I've done beta testing as I've exhausted ways to make RC work for me and provided all feedback directly. Can my beta testing slot be given to someone else so they can test and ease that disappointment? :)
I’d think the room correction beta is approaching its end and that we’ll have a public release soon

if you look back on a possible calibration with the integrated microphone of the remote control...are you testing the solution?
(we know at what level of resolution the processing is done...? has never been explained.... could explain disappointments in the audio result)

Just found out chatgpt can cacluare peq values with a measurement graph. Cant wait to have 8 bands! I will just use my newly purchased umki1 and ask chatgpt to do RC!

Back