Beta Test: Room Correction for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp

I don’t like delay setting on room correction it makes stereo unbalanced where one speaker is louder than the other. Distance/delay maybe good for movie but definitely not on music.

We are not living in the perfect world, so even the listening position is not always perfectly balanced between the speakers.

For absolute clarity, I'm only taking about distance and the need for delay.

If all 3 speakers in a 2.1 set up are the same distance from the main listening position, with no furniture in-between you and the drivers, and there's no processing getting in the way, then a delay of 0 (zero) for all three is perhaps the only thing in this hobby we can call 'perfect'.

Generally agreed, except for the last sentence.

If the sub has an inherent delay of, say, 5 ms, then there's no way this could be changed by the sub or its app. The only way to deal with it is by adding delay to both main speakers, including all possible implications.

Very good point, if you're talking about processing in the sub causing delay. I suspect in most cases it can be turned off?

That aside, if there's no processing involved, no consumer hi-fi device which works in the analogue realm should introduce enough delay to matter. You'd need internal wiring travelling a very long way.

No announcement about that, yet. Not all room correction systems rely on a target curve or home curve.

New app update on android which allows for 'beta opt-out' and per source EQ and states firmware update coming.
Can't be long now.

New app update on android which allows for 'beta opt-out' and per source EQ and states firmware update coming.
Where i can find that option ? I've updated on Android to 240313 and register my Pro Plus to beta for room corection

Where i can find that option ? I've updated on Android to 240313 and register my Pro Plus to beta for room corection
There hasn’t been a firmware release since that app update, so you won’t see those options yet. It’s not unusual for app and firmware updates to be temporarily out of step - as in all things WiiM, patience is required 😜

Also, re the beta as has been noted by @Wiimer, it was almost four weeks after signing up that the airplay casting beta was made available. So don’t expect the room correction beta firmware to drop imminently - it might be available tomorrow or it might be available in a few weeks time. WiiM will release it when it’s ready to be tested irrespective of when they invited testers onboard.

Wilmer want his hands get dirty on room correction by giving us feed back when’s available.

Also, re the beta as has been noted by @Wiimer, it was almost four weeks after signing up that the airplay casting beta was made available. So don’t expect the room correction beta firmware to drop imminently - it might be available tomorrow or it might be available in a few weeks time. WiiM will release it when it’s ready to be tested irrespective of when they invited testers onboard.

I'm going to be worried sick about this, probably have to resort to whisky.

Back