Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

I've used it a bit and noticed that the room correction seems to only apply to the Wifi input. i use the optical input as well to use my tv and it doesnt seem to apply there. I've tried to use the room correction while on the optical input put it applies to the wifi input anyways. Does it only apply to wifi or is there a bug?

Does vanilla PEQ apply to the digital input?

for there to be resonance... the frequency must be requested... (and moreover proportionally to the level) thinking "0db" misses a basic and essential thing (same with high frequencies)
Many words etc end up completely ignoring what is the nature of what we are listening to....
(without mentioning here the wavelength of 17hz 20m or 34hz 10m ;-) )
@canard
Sorry, I do not understand your point. The topic here is "Room Correction", so we might take actual rooms with their room modes into account.

The nature of music extends to the characteristics of the room - even for (my) 17Hz (9,7m) and its multiples, for deep sounds and base drums. At least with my quality setup in my room environment it matters much. Of course, listening to music providing a limited bandwith spectrum and/or limited speaker range would not care about room modes since they are not innervated. If this was be the general point of view, one would not think about digital "Room Correction". But luckily the WiiM team is ambitious to improve their product to the max.

@canard
Sorry, I do not understand your point. The topic here is "Room Correction", so we might take actual rooms with their room modes into account.

The nature of music extends to the characteristics of the room - even for (my) 17Hz (9,7m) and its multiples, for deep sounds and base drums. At least with my quality setup in my room environment it matters much. Of course, listening to music providing a limited bandwith spectrum and/or limited speaker range would not care about room modes since they are not innervated. If this was be the general point of view, one would not think about digital "Room Correction". But luckily the WiiM team is ambitious to improve their product to the max.
you are really on the wrong track.. I invite you to observe the range of the instruments etc. because you really don't seem to realize the relationship between frequencies and what you are really listening to etc. ;-)
same with wavelength and frequency etc ;-)

Last edited:
you are really on the wrong track.. I invite you to observe the range of the instruments etc. because you really don't seem to realize the relationship between frequencies and what you are really listening to etc. ;-)
same with wavelength and frequency etc ;-)
Perhaps you could explain then :)

i found that when i did the room correction. if i was on the tv input. it changed to wifi to do the correction so it applied to the wifi input, but i went on the settings tab on the Optical input and when i flipped on it applied there aswell. weird way to do it, but atleast it works. Played music through roon after that and turned it on and off with the switch and its amazing how much clearer and tighter the sound becomes with a relatively easy room correction with an iphone mic, but should again be a better way to know if applied at all. works well now atleast!

Back