wiim amp or nad c326 bee and wiim pro plus

Jules1978

Salve sono interessato a capire se è meglio acquistare wiim amp o nad c326 bee e wiim pro plus

I have to connect to celestion ditton 44 series ii or whaferdale linton

Iwould know what will be the best choice and what are the difference between winamp and wiim pro plus in terms of streamer and dac

Thanks

These are entirely different devices. The WiiM amp is a more modern design with integrated wifi streaming and HDMI arc support.

I’ve both and I’m selling the c336bee… I’m completely satisfied with WiiM amp, but I’ve little lousdspeakers, the Dali Zensor 1.

Now wiim amp, with the nad i’ve used an Apple TV 4k linked to a musical fidelity dac
the original audio format of what you use with your apple tele and the one used now with the wim amp?
;-)

Do you think is better the dac of wii amp (ESS Sabre DAC ES9018) or the DAC of wiim pro plus (AKM4493SEQ)?

Do you think is better the dac of wii amp (ESS Sabre DAC ES9018) or the DAC of wiim pro plus (AKM4493SEQ)?
imo, the chip is somewhat irrelevant!
Some fantastic dacs use the 9018 chip.
The analog section, and how the chip is used, are far more important.
The amp and pro plus have quite significant different use cases. Get the one appropriate to how you want to use it.

Last edited:
imo, il chip è in qualche modo irrilevante!
Alcuni fantastici dac utilizzano il chip 9018.
La sezione analogica e la modalità di utilizzo del chip sono molto più importanti.
L'amplificatore e il pro plus hanno casi d'uso diversi piuttosto significativi. Ottieni quello appropriato al modo in cui desideri utilizzarlo.
Giusto per capire. È possibile che il quad artera solus play con ess saber 9108 suoni meglio dello yamaha rn 200 a con ess saber 9026 pro perché dipende da come è integrato il dac?

Per quanto riguarda il wiim pro plus saprei che suona meglio wiim pro plus e nad c326 bee al prezzo di 500 euro oppure wiim amp al prezzo di 300 euro

Thanks

Giusto per capire. È possibile che il quad artera solus play con ess saber 9108 suoni meglio dello yamaha rn 200 a con ess saber 9026 pro perché dipende da come è integrato il dac?

Per quanto riguarda il wiim pro plus saprei che suona meglio wiim pro plus e nad c326 bee al prezzo di 500 euro oppure wiim amp al prezzo di 300 euro

Thanks
Question 1 - yes, it's possible. Is it? No idea. Not heard either. And better for one person may be worse for another. Just consider how some rave about r2r dacs, and others rant!
As I've seen mentioned on more than one manufactures' sites / blogs, maybe about 10% of the overall sound quality / signature might be attributed to the chip itself, the rest to the quality of the implementation and analog compoments.

Question 2 - again, tough one to answer, and I have no experience with either.
It's also quite possible that one will sound better with some speakers than the other, and vice versa.
Unless you can try both before buying, it sometimes comes down to just going with one option and seeing how it goes.
But again, what's your expected usage? Do you think you might upgrade the amp at some point? If so then a pro plus may well be the better option as it allows for (almost - not usb only!) any external dac or a different amplifier to be added later.

Sorry, no definitive answer here from me, but my main advice would be to seriously consider your use case.
Maybe $300 on a wiim amp is not too big of a deal, and could be moved to a different setup if you decided to go with a pro and separate amp at a later stage.
If the dac is a real concern, go with the pro and nad. You can always add a dac later with any chip / at any price point you want.

Back