Beta Test: Room Correction for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp

Wiim’s RC doesn’t use HouseCurve so I don’t necessarily see it following that the Wiim Home app will need a similar level of iOS unless there are specific iOS functions both need as a minimum. Still haven’t heard of any progress on the Android front - last I recall was that WiiM we’re going to investigate the use of the WiiM remote mic to help address that.

However with the advent of a 10 band (and two channel) PEQ in the cards, you will be able to use other tools to measure then input the values into the WiiM app.
OK thanks, that's what I thought. I was going to try Housecurve with a view to manually entering the PEQ curve but my iPad Air 2 is too old - looks like a new iPad is on the cards if the remote mic isn't usable. I also have a mic from my Denon AVR-X2800H (for Audyssey) but no idea if this could be used in any way?

OK thanks, that's what I thought. I was going to try Housecurve with a view to manually entering the PEQ curve but my iPad Air 2 is too old - looks like a new iPad is on the cards if the remote mic isn't usable. I also have a mic from my Denon AVR-X2800H (for Audyssey) but no idea if this could be used in any way?
Again, not sure. I don't see where I can see if the WiiM Home app as it stands is using a plugged in mic or just the one on my Ipad. Hopefully that'll become clearer too in a later version

Again, not sure. I don't see where I can see if the WiiM Home app as it stands is using a plugged in mic or just the one on my Ipad. Hopefully that'll become clearer too in a later version
If I use an external mic can i load the calibration txt file? If I cannot how I am to ensure the accuracy of the results. Also are iphone mics compensation calculated per specific model? Maybe my iphone 15 bottom mic has not the same response as the iphone 13 or 11 mic

If I use an external mic can i load the calibration txt file? If I cannot how I am to ensure the accuracy of the results. Also are iphone mics compensation calculated per specific model? Maybe my iphone 15 bottom mic has not the same response as the iphone 13 or 11 mic
No way as yet to load a calibration file, that's true. I don't know whether the WiiM Home app compensates for the different iphone/ipad mics like I believe HouseCurve does - I perhaps wrongly just assumed so

No way as yet to load a calibration file, that's true. I don't know whether the WiiM Home app compensates for the different iphone/ipad mics like I believe HouseCurve does - I perhaps wrongly just assumed so
I doubt it does - though I imagine most iPhone have similar calibrated mics - so many they have an average of iPhone models.

It definitely not as accurate as using a Umik but with the 10-band PEQ (and even better when we get the separate left/right PEQ filters) I am pretty happy with just manually loading what I can generate in REW for my room.

What room correction beta firmware versions are people on? I feel my Amp and Pro might have been stuck on v.5.0.613556 and v4.8.613464 respectively for the past two weeks.

Last edited:
I doubt it does - though I imagine most iPhone have similar calibrated mics - so many they have an average of iPhone models.

It definitely not as accurate as using a Umik but with the 10-band PEQ (and even better when we get the separate left/right PEQ filters) I am pretty happy with just manually loading what I can generate in REW for my room.

Many people won’t bother with REW. User experience of good auto RC much easier

Many people won’t bother with REW. User experience of good auto RC much easier
But it's definitely not as accurate as using a Umik but with the 10-band PEQ (and even better when we get the separate left/right PEQ filters). Especially if a smartphone mic is used. 😇

But it's definitely not as accurate as using a Umik but with the 10-band PEQ (and even better when we get the separate left/right PEQ filters). Especially if a smartphone mic is used. 😇

Ok it is not as accurate … but still if it accepted Dayton Imm 6 with cal it would be as accurate and in the same time easier and of course cheaper !

Ok it is not as accurate … but still if it accepted Dayton Imm 6 with cal it would be as accurate and in the same time easier and of course cheaper !
I'm always for easier and cheaper. Or more precisely, for making RC more accessible to the broader audience.

Personally, having to add yet another mic to my collection (Lyngdorf, UMIK-1 and a generic mic from a measuring system) does feel inconvenient. So I would be torn between buying e.g. the Dayton Audio mic and using WiiM RC and sticking with REW and manually applying 10 band PEQ.

Back