Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

To Android users, how did you get 2.9.6 app? Mine is still 2.9.3.

Thanks! BTW, not sure if there's any change for android as 10 bands peq was already in the last firmware...
I think the new farm firmware is mostly bug-fixed, but let's see if there are any enhancements. 😊

Last edited:
I received the Room Correction beta firmware today for the Pro. Ran it through the three curve options and on all three it made the bass disappear and overtly cranked the treble up. Made the sound "tinny" to say the least with all the richness disappearing. Speakers are B&W 804s floorstanders. I have been using the HomeCurve app previously and that gave me a far more natural and flatter response - to my ears anyway.

I received the Room Correction beta firmware today for the Pro. Ran it through the three curve options and on all three it made the bass disappear and overtly cranked the treble up. Made the sound "tinny" to say the least with all the richness disappearing. Speakers are B&W 804s floorstanders. I have been using the HomeCurve app previously and that gave me a far more natural and flatter response - to my ears anyway.
what measurements condition?

I will need to know to what extent the Wiim app applies a correction precisely adapted to this iPhone before talking about correction curves? Where do we come from, sources, these corrections to be applied depending on the phones...? etc
(remains the serious option of the Dayton usb-c to be explored... or the possibility of integrating micro qualibration files etc)

Last edited:
Of course. Here you go. Grateful for any comments - I'm no audio engineer, I just enjoy listening to music!

View attachment 6885View attachment 6886

At first glance, below 300Hz they’re not dissimilar.

Does HouseCurve have any suggested eq? If so, how does that compare to what’s suggested by WiiM, and how do the two sound?

Cheers.

EDIT - It certainly looks like the WiiM, whilst reducing energy with eq to lower the c.80hz peak (a peak we can see in HouseCurve too, so it’s real), also causes a dip in sub bass between 50/70Hz.

Try taking the PEQ correction on the WiiM, write it down, turn room EQ off, input the EQ manually, then have a play around in that area.

Please let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Of course. Here you go. Grateful for any comments - I'm no audio engineer, I just enjoy listening to music!

View attachment 6885View attachment 6886
It looks like you’ve used a flat target curve for WiiM, but the B&K curve for HouseCurve - can you redo the WiiM one with the same curve? (Choose from the cog settings page in the app on the room correction page)

Same here with the tinny sound using RC (was just added to beta this morning). Screen shots below of harman curve according to HouseCurve and according to WiiM RC.

Using iPhone 15, case off. 6 feet from speakers. First picture is HouseCurve. Second is Wiim RC.

IMG_6026.jpegIMG_6027.png

Back