WiiM Pro: Squeezelite Client Beta - Testing Experience

Brantome

Please use this thread only to discuss your personal experience with the testing of the Squeezelite Client feature and the beta firmware you requested. This thread should not replace submitting tickets as that route provides WiiM support with the necessary device and app logs to diagnose and hopefully fix any issues.

From what WiiM have already posted:

"We appreciate your ongoing participation as a Beta tester.

If you encounter any issues during the update process or while using this function, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your continued support and contribution to our Beta testing program!"

** 4.8.526553 Squeezelite beta FW released 18Aug23 **

[Latest update on Squeezelite development, 24Aug23]

Dear Team,

I am happy to inform you that we have fixed all reported issues by our Beta users and will release Beta 2 later today. It includes the following fixes:
  • Unable to do source switching between squeezelite and CAST
  • Incorrect metadata display for squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect playback status for Squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect sample rate for squeezelite
Thank you all once again for your invaluable feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having multiple servers probably isn’t that common but specifying a server that isn’t discoverable is a more real world use case e.g a server available via a VPN or on a different sub net
Even one server in my case, using piCore LMS, I still need that -s server setting. Currently my WiimPro plus still could not be found on my LMS. For other players on my system, I still need to specify the server ip address so that the player can be shown on LMS.

Even one server in my case, using piCore LMS, I still need that -s server setting. Currently my WiimPro plus still could not be found on my LMS. For other players on my system, I still need to specify the server ip address so that the player can be shown on LMS.
It doesn't matter, @WiiM Support ignores this request like the plague. Tickets ignored, emails down a dark hole. Nothing.

Last edited:
Back