Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Hi all! Do I understand correctly that with the new firmware, I will be able to connect my turntable via RCA to WiiM Pro and send sound from it via AirPlay 2 to my speakers with AirPlay 2 support KEA LSX? Thank you!
Hi starro4,

Absolutely, you've got it right! With the latest firmware update, you can indeed connect your turntable to the WiiM Pro using an RCA connection. Then, you can seamlessly stream the audio from your turntable to your KEF LSX speakers via AirPlay 2. This allows you to enjoy your vinyl collection throughout your space with the convenience of AirPlay 2 compatibility.

Feel free to give it a try, and if you have any more questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. Happy listening!

I'm happy to see Squeezelite support seems to work well :)
When will it be released in the offical firmware?

I'm streaming from my iMac but cannot get my WiiM Pro Plus to stream any resolution higher than 16/24, on flac files etc that are master HQ or MQA files. Will this upgrade mean it will support the higher resolution.

The new squeezelite functionality is amazing and works like charm with the beta firmware.
Really well done, Wiim 👍

I'm happy to see Squeezelite support seems to work well :)
When will it be released in the offical firmware?
Hi bowser, Team

We're aiming to have Squeezelite support available for the WiiM Pro by 8/31. We're working on the second Beta, which will help us iron out a few remaining bugs over the next few days. Please stay tuned!

there are still some fairly essential things to clear up before making it available...
I'm not talking about the hoped-for and very desirable evolution towards a 6 or 8 band (we've been talking about a 10 band for months), see *2 but
the resolution and the induced audio quality...
things evolved on the side of the beta practitioners?? ;-)
(in just flat eq mode the degradation is noticeable... we can hope that if efforts are made... he too benefits from it?...) must be able to be produced at least in 24 bits (see 32 on the pro, no?)
;-)

Hi everybody.
I am new to this forum and just got my Pro Plus, hoping the squeezelite implementation would also work.
Unfortunately to my experience it is not yet natively supported.
As a workaround I actived the plug-in in LMS to use UPnP/DLNA devices.
The Pro Plus does show up as a player, but is unable to play any music. Selected track does not show any time progress.
Is native support to be expected shortly or do I have to further investigate the UPnP/DLNA route?
Thanks in advance for your kind replies.

It's not yet available for the Plus, it's in the beta stage and for the Pro only.

What are you talking about? Noise floor issue has been resolved already.
I was indeed thinking of the noise floor but so much the better if settled.. but on the merits, without precision on the part of wiim for the moment on the processing methods used resolution etc. I am waiting for clarifications... as much as the experience side eq is still not convincing in my opinion on the listening side (to be compared with in flat and without).. a peq mode will be interesting only if the treatments are qualitative with minimum resolution...
what does it give to listening between the without peq and peq "flat"?

Last edited:
I was indeed thinking of the noise floor but so much the better if settled.. but on the merits, without precision on the part of wiim for the moment on the processing methods used resolution etc. I am waiting for clarifications... as much as the experience side eq is still not convincing in my opinion on the listening side (to be compared with in flat and without).. a peq mode will be interesting only if the treatments are qualitative with minimum resolution...
what does it give to listening between the without peq and peq "flat"?
I could see only very small penalty of flat peq mode in my measurements. That's all I can say actually as my peq beta FW has been replaced by squeezelite.

I could see only very small penalty of flat peq mode in my measurements. That's all I can say actually as my peq beta FW has been replaced by squeezelite.
I'm talking to you listening.. not: small differences on test-approaches with very simplified signals quickly become significant differences on very complex musical signals
;-)

I haven't found yet a difference which I could hear but I couldn't measure in any way. But as I said, I had no time for more comprehensive testing.

I haven't found yet a difference which I could hear but I couldn't measure in any way. But as I said, I had no time for more comprehensive testing.
So try on acoustic music which is a bit difficult to compare eq off and eq on flat, and the same thing in eq-peq off and peq on flat mode.. will be interesting... ,-)

So try on acoustic music which is a bit difficult to compare eq off and eq on flat, and the same thing in eq-peq off and peq on flat mode.. will be interesting... ,-)
Flat GEQ on is exactly the same as GEQ off for beta PEQ FWs, even no signal interruption when switching between. I have no PEQ FW installed at a moment.

What can you say about audible differences between EQ off and EQ flat on the Mini?
the treble less clean etc .. but simpler and even easier to observe, you lose aeration, less "3d", more "flat" ... etc ;-) but this will be perceived on music where this is sensitive (like impact stories on the "timbre")
;-)

the treble less clean etc .. but simpler and even easier to observe, you lose aeration, less "3d", more "flat" ... etc ;-) but this will be perceived on music where this is sensitive (like impact stories on the "timbre")
;-)
In blind test, right?

Back