Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
You already tried helping me 😁
Ah the docker on open media vault!

All I can say really is that there are no issues whatsoever with either LMS or the UPnPBridge running on a traditional machine (Linux) or a Pi.

No way of getting access anymore I'm guessing? I asked in a ticket but they just told me it'd be available end of the month.
Submit a ticket expressly asking to be put on the whitelist for the Squeezelite beta, including you device MAC & UUID and they'll hopefully do that :)

Submit a ticket expressly asking to be put on the whitelist for the Squeezelite beta, including you device MAC & UUID and they'll hopefully do that :)
Alright got an email back saying they'd add me to the whitelist when they begin testing. Which is confusing since they already started testing... Guess I'll wait a bit.

Alright got an email back saying they'd add me to the whitelist when they begin testing. Which is confusing since they already started testing... Guess I'll wait a bit.
OTA updates are done in batches, sometimes it may take a little longer to get the update.

Found it - now off to disable it under UPNPBridge...
I disabled upnp bridge & now a device or two I didn't want appearing, no longer do

Now, I haven't figured out how to adjust parameters on the squeezelite (if available) but have piped some internet radio through it while I drink my, er, 3rd cup of coffee

I disabled upnp bridge & now a device or two I didn't want appearing, no longer do

Now, I haven't figured out how to adjust parameters on the squeezelite (if available) but have piped some internet radio through it while I drink my, er, 3rd cup of coffee
I didn’t completely disable UPNPBridge as my Mini and Pro Plus don’t yet have the Squeezelite client, so I just unticked my Pro from the list of speakers shown in the UPNPBridge plugin.

I didn’t completely disable UPNPBridge as my Mini and Pro Plus don’t yet have the Squeezelite client, so I just unticked my Pro from the list of speakers shown in the UPNPBridge plugin.
I haven't messed with it yet...I have yard work to do
maybe somebody will ask the wiim people how to adjust squeezelite parameters and maybe even play dsd files (at least on the pro plus) in my abstention??

If you go to LMS itself, with the Material Skin you can choose the player on the main screen in the top left hand corner, then on the right choose the three dot overflow menu, then Player and adjust setting there. At the bottom of that page, shoos extra settings, then either basic, or audio or a couple of other entries there to change even more settings.

But as an LMS user, you probably knew all that ;)

I haven’t seen a direct match for the Squeezelite page you get on piCorePlayer for example, but I’m not sure you need that for the Wiim squeezelite client.

@d6jg would be in a better position to advise :)

If you go to LMS itself, with the Material Skin you can choose the player on the main screen in the top left hand corner, then on the right choose the three dot overflow menu, then Player and adjust setting there. At the bottom of that page, shoos extra settings, then either basic, or audio or a couple of other entries there to change even more settings.

But as an LMS user, you probably knew all that ;)

I haven’t seen a direct match for the Squeezelite page you get on piCorePlayer for example, but I’m not sure you need that for the Wiim squeezelite client.

@d6jg would be in a better position to advise :)
The Squeezelite page on piCorePlayer is there to account for the multitude of HAT Dac’s, USB Dac’s etc but here WiiM are dealing with known entities

What I want the PEQ for.

1 - I have a couple of pairs of headphones for which Amir at Audio Science Review has created PEQ filter profiles, which I’d like to use.
2 - I’m tentatively thinking of downloading REW for my stereo speakers, and I may like to add a little correction.

Will the PEQ we have here suffice?

My apologies for being new to the idea of an LMS/Squeezelite setup. I am trying to figure out what are the main advantages they bring to music listening on the WiiM. Is it just the interface? That it handles local files well? Or is it something else?
A contributor here asked ‘who listens to local files anymore?’ and I do wonder what role they have now and in the future with reliable high quality streaming available. In other words, is it worth the effort to buy and construct an RPi LMS server when the same music is likely available to stream with at least the same resolution?

My apologies for being new to the idea of an LMS/Squeezelite setup. I am trying to figure out what are the main advantages they bring to music listening on the WiiM. Is it just the interface? That it handles local files well? Or is it something else?
A contributor here asked ‘who listens to local files anymore?’ and I do wonder what role they have now and in the future with reliable high quality streaming available. In other words, is it worth the effort to buy and construct an RPi LMS server when the same music is likely available to stream with at least the same resolution?
I would say if you have no intention of having local music files then something like LMS or Roon is not needed. Some folks like my self like owning a local library of music. I use local and streaming combined. So I get the most out of my LMS setup. There are good arguments for doing it both ways (streaming vs. Local) but it's all personal preference really. I think if you are going to do local files then LMS is the way to go (or Roon or Plex). If not then there is no need.

I will add this... My wife and I listen to music very differently, she prefers using Spotify and I prefer local LMS. Now that Wiim is supporting Squeezelite it is perfect for both our methods of listening.

I would say if you have no intention of having local music files then something like LMS or Roon is not needed. Some folks like my self like owning a local library of music. I use local and streaming combined. So I get the most out of my LMS setup. There are good arguments for doing it both ways (streaming vs. Local) but it's all personal preference really. I think if you are going to do local files then LMS is the way to go (or Roon or Plex). If not then there is no need.

I will add this... My wife and I listen to music very differently, she prefers using Spotify and I prefer local LMS. Now that Wiim is supporting Squeezelite it is perfect for both our methods of listening.
Generally I agree with this but I would add that all the sources within WHA with the exception of Amazon are available through LMS and a lot more besides

Generally I agree with this but I would add that all the sources within WHA with the exception of Amazon are available through LMS and a lot more besides
I’d agree - the BBC Sounds and Radio Paradise interfaces within LMS are much better than those currently presented by the WiiM Home app, and being able to get artist and song information for both local and streaming services is very useful too.

Wiim/Squeezelite now directly available! Great news, and for me this beta will replace the previous (and occasionally clunky) uPnP route to LMS. Great news for Wiim, too, as I think the simplicity of this link to LMS opens up the Wiim Pro to a fresh and sizeable potential audience.

Got the beta firmware installed this morning after asking. All seems to work well so far. Will mean I can decommission my PiCorePlayer. LMS popped up with a new player without me needing to do anything.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 171753.png

All looking and sounding good so far.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 171846.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-21 171753.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-21 171753.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi all! Do I understand correctly that with the new firmware, I will be able to connect my turntable via RCA to WiiM Pro and send sound from it via AirPlay 2 to my speakers with AirPlay 2 support KEA LSX? Thank you!

Hi all! Do I understand correctly that with the new firmware, I will be able to connect my turntable via RCA to WiiM Pro and send sound from it via AirPlay 2 to my speakers with AirPlay 2 support KEA LSX? Thank you!
you will need a "phono" riaa stage, impedance matching and level matching, between your turntable and the wiim...

вам понадобится фонокорректор riaa, согласование импеданса и согласование уровня между проигрывателем и WiIM...
my player has a built-in phono stage, so it is not present in the connection circuit.

Back