Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Well, which MAC do you mean? WiFi MAC, ethernet MAC? The one reported by the app? The one really used for DHCP purposes?

Well, which MAC do you mean? WiFi MAC, ethernet MAC? The one reported by the app? The one really used for DHCP purposes?
MAC should be unique since it is an hardware-related identifier.

Just use the one reported by the app. Worked for me for the last beta test.

MAC should be unique since it is an hardware-related identifier.

Just use the one reported by the app. Worked for me for the last beta test.
It's not. BT MAC, WiFi MAC, ethernet MAC differ. The app returns WiFi MAC even if wired connection is used.

A guid is unique per device.

It's not. BT MAC, WiFi MAC, ethernet MAC differ. The app returns WiFi MAC even if wired connection is used.

I doubt it matters. All MAC addresses will be recorded on their database

They are still hardware related and unique no matter how many network adapters are on a device.

As I said for me it worked when I used the one shown in the app. I am using ethernet and I disabled Wifi. I did not lookup if the MAC adress matched the ethernet one. It just worked.

They are still hardware related and unique no matter how many network adapters are on a device.

As I said for me it worked when I used the one shown in the app. I am using ethernet and I disabled Wifi. I did not lookup if the MAC adress matched the ethernet one. It just worked.
So try to assign a static IP with DHCP based on the MAC returned by the app when using a wired connection.

Actually MAC addresses are not 100% unique. In theory they should be but it’s not unknown for cheap component suppliers to ship tons of chips with the same address. It rarely matters but very occasionally you’ll get a clash.

Actually MAC addresses are not 100% unique. In theory they should be but it’s not unknown for cheap component suppliers to ship tons of chips with the same address. It rarely matters but very occasionally you’ll get a clash.

Of course these ones are not unique, for the reason you've mentioned and also because there are tools which let to change a NIC MAC.

Of course these ones are not unique, for the reason you've mentioned and also because there are tools which let to change a NIC MAC.
Yes. However given the way OTA updates are applied you can safely assume that each WiiM device has unique MAC addresses

Yes. However given the way OTA updates are applied you can safely assume that each WiiM device has unique MAC addresses
Yep. Let's assume that the one reported by the app is always collected or the broader range is collected including wired and wireless MACs.

Your WiiM Pro MAC address > Settings > Speaker info. It starts with the letter B and 12 digits.

Off-topic:
There is no a device MAC, there is an interface MAC. For multi-interface devices there can be more than one MAC. Just like the Pro, with separate BT MAC, wired ethernet MAC and wireless WiFi MAC. The one reported by the app is the wireless WiFi one, regardless of the real interface used for the network connection.

Q: What is Airplay Transmitter?

Can I use this feature even if I don't have an iOS device?

I own two Yamaha AVRs and would be happy if I could send music via Airplay from WiiM.
For example, can it be used in the following route?

Android phone >> (AlexaCast) >> WiiM >> (AirPlay) >> AVR

Thanks.

Q: What is Airplay Transmitter?

Can I use this feature even if I don't have an iOS device?

I own two Yamaha AVRs and would be happy if I could send music via Airplay from WiiM.
For example, can it be used in the following route?

Android phone >> (AlexaCast) >> WiiM >> (AirPlay) >> AVR

Thanks.
If the target device supports airplay, then I’d say yes. Up until this beta, Wiim devices could only act as airplay receivers ( e.g, you could choose them as an Airplay speaker from your phone), but this beta means your Wiim device can act as an Airplay transmitter and send its audio to other devices which appear as airplay speakers/receivers.

Back