Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
But it's not about the resolution. It's about codec being used. If I remember correctly AirPlay 1 has a bigger chance that a lossless transmission will be chosen.
The audio is sent by PCM or ALAC if I’m not mistaken

That article seems a bit haphazard to me. He talks about bit perfect but doesn’t ever mention volume which would have to be at 100% on the iPhone and Mac to achieve bit perfection wouldn’t it?

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
Linda
Squeezelite , oh yeah! I'm excited!!

Yeah, the app will probably need updated to allow us to select the new features - I'd say maybe by the end of next or the following week. Maybe some of the features are in the app but will only appear once the firmware supports them like the Room option being briefly seen weeks before the firmware was released

Hi,

Good news about squeezelite.

Hope in addition to:

Out
audio out analog/digital squeezelite/WiiM

please enable
In
Digital/analog in Squeezelite/WiiM - source for logitech media server to distribute to other clients

Hi,

Good news about squeezelite.

Hope in addition to:

Out
audio out analog/digital squeezelite/WiiM

please enable
In
Digital/analog in Squeezelite/WiiM - source for logitech media server to distribute to other client
Last bit isn’t easy.
I have purpose built Pi with ADC that takes audio from RCA source - can be anything - and sends it to local Icecast2 server as Ogg/FLAC which can then be played as a URL in LMS. I can’t get metadata though.
You are asking for essentially the same.

Edit
My main use for this is to stream Vinyl throughout the house. There is a 1-2 second lag

Hi,

• PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client

Thanks!
Linda
given your efforts, if a peq mode is available (how many bands?) adding a modest "balance" function shouldn't be too difficult, right?
;-)

Will PEQ and Squeezelite be offered for the WiiM Mini in due course?
Yeah, but the PEQ won’t have as many bands due to memory and cpu limitations in the Mini - three or four bands has been mooted compared to the Pro’s potential ten.

Yeah, but the PEQ won’t have as many bands due to memory and cpu limitations in the Mini - three or four bands has been mooted compared to the Pro’s potential ten.
is it confirmed that a 10 band in devellopement?

Maybe,
I heard that the Pro is 5 band and the Mini is 3 band. But I don't know if PEQ will be added to the Mini.

Forecast of release of this firmware is end of this month. I wonder what’s next features that’s coming.

Back