Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
10 band has been mentioned for the Pro with 3-5 for the mini due to its smaller memory and processing power. I wouldn't expect the Pro Plus to be different from the Pro

Hi all,

Just an update on the progress of these new features for beta testing.

We plan to release PEQ for beta testers by 8/4, AirPlay Transmitter by 8/11, and Squeezelite Client by 8/17. These new features involve more internal testing than we expected, so we just wanted to give you that update.

We plan to launch these features once beta testing is complete and everything looks good. We're still aiming towards releasing these features mid to late August, depending on how the testing goes. Appreciate your efforts to beta-test these features before it's officially released!

Hi all,

We plan to release PEQ for beta testers by 8/4, AirPlay Transmitter by 8/11, and Squeezelite Client by 8/17. These new features involve more internal testing than we expected, so we just wanted to give you that update.

We plan to launch these features once beta testing is complete and everything looks good. We're still aiming towards releasing these features mid to late August, depending on how the testing goes. Appreciate your efforts to beta-test these features before it's officially released!
in the meantime ,to make non-betas wait, somes screenshots for this peq mode?
;-)

yes...or not...
just "en aperitif, amuse-bouche"

the curiosity of a magpie
;-))
ps
after waiting almost a year to be able to use deezer without throwing my mini in the trash...I think I've learned great lessons in patience "made in wiim"..have become a "pro"!!!
zen attitude...
;-)

Last edited:
No - they’ll be released for the Pro first and then at a later date for the Mini, but perhaps just the Squeezelite client and a limited less bands PEQ. Unsure about the Airplay/Sonos casting. The mini has a quarter of the RAM iirc and fewer cpu cores so can’t be expected to keep apace with the more capable Pro device.

I’m excited once all this 3 sets of features get release, hopefully everything turn out good so they can release it by the end of the month. I wonder what’s next set of features after that.

I’m excited once all this 3 sets of features get release, hopefully everything turn out good so they can release it by the end of the month. I wonder what’s next set of features after that.
the perpetual hunt for bugs and
resume the improvement and enrichment of wiim home ... the house software which I imagine concerns the greatest number (and also the oem customers of their modules)
also interresant either lms (or roon) will not concern, I think, the majority of users...
?
;-)

Hi all,

Just want to say thanks for the update! I know stuff (especially new features/major updates) takes longer than expected all the time -- it's really nice when a company communicates that and releases updated target dates, instead of just going dark and leaving folks hanging.

the perpetual hunt for bugs and
resume the improvement and enrichment of wiim home ... the house software which I imagine concerns the greatest number (and also the oem customers of their modules)
also interresant either lms (or roon) will not concern, I think, the majority of users...
?
;-)
LMS and Roon are not necessarily developments aimed at existing users. Both open up the WiiM Pro to users of those systems and in the case of LMS there are many - its been around in one form or another since 2001. There is currently only one manufacturer of fully pre-built LMS players as matters stand. Adding Squeezelite successfully will make the WiiM Pro a serious player in the LMS player stakes - potentially a quite large market.

@d6jg
Don't underestimate the number of "Rooners" using the WiiM Pro 😉
It could be interesting to have reliable numbers. If this feature was seen as "not so important" for WiiM/Linkplay I think they wouldn't have the certification solved so (relatively) quick. Quite sure they have made their market research very carefully. Because they do it for the money. Anyway it would be great they can make both "parties" happy. Personally I think it has not necessary to be a war of opinions, as I very often feel it here. Like "spenders" vs open sourcers.

@d6jg
Don't underestimate the number of "Rooners" using the WiiM Pro 😉
It could be interesting to have reliable numbers. If this feature was seen as "not so important" for WiiM/Linkplay I think they wouldn't have the certification solved so (relatively) quick. Quite sure they have made their market research very carefully. Because they do it for the money. Anyway it would be great they can make both "parties" happy. Personally I think it has not necessary to be a war of opinions, as I very often feel it here. Like "spenders" vs open sourcers.
I wasn't saying anything in relation to Roon as I agree entirely with you. I was commenting that canard doesn't see either Roon or LMS as being of mainstream importance. Obviously WiiM didn't implement Roon for Joe Average user but instead in order to open their product to the Roon community. They clearly hope to do the same for LMS. Both systems have extensive user bases but in the case of Roon there are lots of players. In the case of LMS only one serious competitor apart from self builds

LMS and Roon are not necessarily developments aimed at existing users. Both open up the WiiM Pro to users of those systems and in the case of LMS there are many - its been around in one form or another since 2001. There is currently only one manufacturer of fully pre-built LMS players as matters stand. Adding Squeezelite successfully will make the WiiM Pro a serious player in the LMS player stakes - potentially a quite large market.
you are twisting my words a bit...
I will be delighted that the lms integration project ends up being successful... roon or lms realized is a good thing necessarily..
I just expressed that it would be good then to resume the course of the development of wiim home, which probably represents the greatest number of users...
I'm not talking about the most passionate-active ones (a little self-centered on their interest ;-)) very present on the forums
;-))

I will be delighted that the lms integration project ends up being successful... roon or lms realized is a good thing necessarily..
I just expressed that it would be good then to resume the course of the development of wiim home, which probably represents the greatest number of users...
I'm not talking about the most passionate-active ones (a little self-centered on their interest ;-)) very present on the forums
;-))
Touché 😉

;-))
In that case I agree with you although I do think that there are inherent limitations in the WiiM Home App that some people don't seem to realise. UPnP/DLNA integration being the most complex. There are (according to Wikipedia) in excess of 20 such servers and I wouldn't mind betting that no two are 100% identical in terms of code implementation. To get the app to properly index all of these is a huge undertaking.

Also, as I have found, LMS compatibility might attract those who have their own collection of music on NAS, like listening to Radio Paradise, BBC Sounds and local radio and who could be persuaded to switch to Qobuz away from Amazon Music…

In that case I agree with you although I do think that there are inherent limitations in the WiiM Home App that some people don't seem to realise. UPnP/DLNA integration being the most complex. There are (according to Wikipedia) in excess of 20 such servers and I wouldn't mind betting that no two are 100% identical in terms of code implementation. To get the app to properly index all of these is a huge undertaking.
Plus, as I mentioned just the other day, given WiiM’s support of Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Amazon Music AlexaCast, ChromeCast, AirPlay 2 etc (and the imminent development of Qobuz Connect), even more users might prefer to use the streaming services‘ native app in order to get the type of features they wish and which, despite the best will in the world, WiiM might not be able to match in the WiiM Home app due to the relatively limited third party APIs available. I’d go as far as to say that a single universal app that offers the best of all the native apps is an unachievable aim.

Back